Thread: good that i have a large Lathe!!!

good that i have a large Lathe!!!

hehe large lathe and all i seem to make lately are small stuff... This is an order fra a guy.. Its an engagement ring, made from Palisander (rosewood i think) and a pice of pine. The pine is from the door he kissed his girlfrind under for the first time.

Box is some kind og mahogony, the sell it in denmark as GoldMahogony..

klippet dkforum 2.jpg klippet dkforum.jpg

and the box is tightfitting seamless, the cameradude just dident press the lid on compleatly..
    Rasmus Petersen - woodturning.dk.
    Itīs not a failure itīs a design opportunity

Great looking box and ring. That ring is cool and will have a lot of memories that go with it. Well done.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

very nice idea and nice job on the project But there better be a rock with that wood or she will be building him a pine box.

Dave

Some mistakes are just too much fun to only make once!

Yeah, I wonder how that wood ring will hold up to 50 years of taking showers and washing hands?

Don't get me wrong...it is quite beautiful though and the thought is wonderful (kissing door etc)

Great box and ring. Great idea.

Burt

Rasmus - I can just imagine your lathe walking all over the floor because of an out-of-balance ring blank!! That's funny!

Nice work on both items! Really like the box! Great job on the end grain! beautiful color and finish! I am sure these will be a big hit! Very nice work! Thanks for sharing!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

thank you all for the praise :-)

And rick.. i have one much like the one i made for the dude... and i use it everywhere... and i holds up quite good... The finish on the order ring is selveral things... gueld with 2 comp. Aradite (some kind of epoxy) and the pine i have drowned in CA glue several times to harden it, to make it shine i used a homebrew of som lacquer/varnish (not shure how to translate) mixed with thinner and just a drop of oil to make it flow, burnished in through many applications...

Hehehehehehe Maybe i should mail the dude and tell hime the one with the pine box.... I could make him a good deal on an urh

Steve : the box is acually a quicky, made at club meeting/(evening school) with crappy tools and on an old crooked lathe... so im quite pleased with it also...

Thats a great looking ring and box, Rasmus. What did you use for the lining inside the box?

Brian
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

itīs a piece of foam, actually from a FlightCase used for microphones.. but meant to use some of the fine foam thats uesd for shipping CPU units...

Quite nice, I like the story and how you made the complete set. Really nice. The couple will have a keepsake for ever.