Thread: Delta Dust Collector

Delta Dust Collector

I'm looking to purchase a dust collecting system for a small garage (shop). I noticed Rockler has the Delta 50-720 for $299.00 and they will give you a $100.00 gift card plus free shipping.
    Is this a good unit for 200 bucks?

Thanks,

Dennis....

Yes! In the sub-2 hp category it has been at or near the top of the pack of comparables in performance testing for years. There are lots of threads here regarding this, and others as well, including upgrade/mods to further increase performance, so try the 'search' function to find that stuff.

Question

Hi, first time to post.....I tried searching the forum for info on Delta Dust collector mentioned above. (50-720). I see the response mentioned other comments had been made on this model but, I don't find any other results on the search.
    My real question is: Rockwell has this deal on again. $299 -free shipping-$100 gift card. It this a good deal for a small shop? I know it will be a looong time before I could spend more on one. Will it be a big improvement over my shop-vac?
    Thanks for your input,
    Travis

I'm sorry Dennis, I mis-spoke on my previous comment. The unit you are asking about is the 1 hp.. 650 cf/m unit rather than the 50-760 which is a big brother to the 50-720. I can't help with the 1 hp unit other than to say it appears to be a similar design to the celebrated 50-760 which has a fine reputation.

Dunno know Dennis - that is a mighty small motor and impeller. TBH if I was looking at this price range I'd look to the (in)famous 2hp HF first. On sale for less than this often and while it's over-rated in cfm and power I've heard from a friend who works at Rockler who says the Delta is too.
    This is not all heresay except the comments of HF which I once had....so take it as such too.
    Luck to ya