Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My penn state dc sucks and I don't mean it in a good way!

OKay - I won't touch the "whys" of this particular purchase since we covered before, and won't touch the current topic either since you been pretty unhappy since the day it was ordered.

Only thing I'd agree with is it was not used, you did not see before buying (req. pics first?) so it's pretty much a in -the -dark decision. from the start.
    Bad deal from the git go -it's mighty unfortunate IMO since I am a mighty happy PSI customer in many dealings with them over the years.

And be honest too - they could ship you a Tempest as a trade out and I suspect one might not be pleased. You are pretty PO'd at them in general and nothing will work regardless. Not saying you don't have a right to be unhappy on what was delivered but it was scratch and dent and ..... you have higher expectations than I would. I also would not have gone that route sight and testing unseen - never played out right for me doing so.

Ship it back Keith. Real simple - ship it back and move on.

Agree Greg but it also is not like he hasn't shipped a damaged unit if what I read on WN was right. He remedied immediately too - great CS I heard.

Im with you Keith....I would be pissed. I dont like to be lied to, and thats what they did. I can see that guy hanging up the phone..laughing. Send it back.
    I'll throw away all my Penn State catalogs.

Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Earl View Post
    OKay - I won't touch the "whys" of this particular purchase since we covered before, and won't touch the current topic either since you been pretty unhappy since the day it was ordered.

Only thing I'd agree with is it was not used, you did not see before buying (req. pics first?) so it's pretty much a in -the -dark decision. from the start.
    Bad deal from the git go -it's mighty unfortunate IMO since I am a mighty happy PSI customer in many dealings with them over the years.

And be honest too - they could ship you a Tempest as a trade out and I suspect one might not be pleased. You are pretty PO'd at them in general and nothing will work regardless. Not saying you don't have a right to be unhappy on what was delivered but it was scratch and dent and ..... you have higher expectations than I would. I also would not have gone that route sight and testing unseen - never played out right for me doing so.

Ship it back Keith. Real simple - ship it back and move on.

I have never heard of scratch and dent meaning the same thing as used. I have never once bought anything that was used that was labeled as scratch and dent. I do not know anyone who has. I've asked a lot of people. If it was used, which it obviously was, then he should of told me he had a used DC. that he had one from 2004. Apon inspection it looks like it may have been in a shop since 2004.

It was used. I was told scratch and dent. There is a difference.

Keith - I concur in there should be a difference in used vs scratch and dent. So they did wrong by it.
    Second thought - it took awhile to ship per your thread. Maybe the moron in S&R is the one you and PSI should be al over. If he's a nitwork maybe even replace him. Chaps working in these departments not always ... you fill in.
    PSI needs to make it right, resolve whatever they got for internal issue and that is a given.
    I also still stand behind the comment that once someone, you-me-Santa Claus, feels like they done wrong in the beginning they'll feel one's done wrong regardless of the outcome, hence the move on comment.

I 'fess to not buying much with the Delta and Jet tags on the tools for the very same reason >UNLESS< it is in a local store. Then if it is priced right I may buy. Both cases had 2 tools involved, first ones defective and then the replacements had (very minor but there) issues and I was never quite happy. Even if they had plated them in gold leaf I would have felt the same I suspect. While many of you here praise the tools involved - IMO they just not what I expected or paid for.

Tools, kids and our brides .... we can get touchy dealing with them

Penn state doing the right thing.

I spoke to Bill at penn state. He looked at my pictures. He says they did run dust through it for 15 or 20 minutes to test it (?) but can not explain the missing paint on the inside of the fan housing. He says it has not been used and it is a good deal.

He did offer to send a shipping label to me. I took his offer.

I will say this for penn state. Even though I still think the dust collector has been used I really believe Bill does not think it has been used (though he may suspect as much now that he has seen pics of the inside).

They did the honest thing and are going to pay for shipping back to them. They move a little slow but they do give customer service.

For now the problem is solved. I just hope it doesn't take to long to get that shipping label.

Glad to hear this. It never shoulda occured but .... hope the next purchase plays out way better for you. It stinks awiting something when one had decided to get it done.

So what way are you going from here? If it was mentioned someplace above I missed it.

The upside Keith is it dang near has to be a better experience for ya whatever ya do

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Earl View Post
    Glad to hear this. It never shoulda occured but .... hope the next purchase plays out way better for you. It stinks awiting something when one had decided to get it done.

So what way are you going from here? If it was mentioned someplace above I missed it.

The upside Keith is it dang near has to be a better experience for ya whatever ya do
    Here is my new problem.

I am assuming they send the paid for ups slip like they say and give me a full refund.

The money I scraped together for the DC already went as an extra payment on my mastercard. I charged the penn state dc on it and didn't want the balance to go up. But My refund is going on that same card so I don't get the money back in my pocket. There is a used (advertised as used and only 3 years old) DC I would like but I don't have the money right now.

I'm in a bit of a pickle.