Thread: Tool Gloat (I think)

Tool Gloat (I think)

I was surfing Craigslist for tools and saw a guy next town over with an ad for a Delta 12” RAS. I have been looking for one for a while. I really like the RAS for some kinds of cuts, been using one for decades, but have to agree that my faithful Crapsman left a bit to be desired in the alignment area. Despite eying the ads for a while I never could find one in my area that didn’t need more restoration than I was interested in providing. – until today.
    The saw is 10 years old but the owner never took it out of the factory box! It has never been plugged in. Just sat in his garage for a decade. He was going to use it to build a cabin in the Sierra’s, but never got around to it so he finally decided to sell the saw. Some very minor cosmetic rust but basically brand new - for 800$ - top dollar for a 10 year old machine but I thought fair for an un-used one.
    I am stoked. Picture of saw on the dolly in my shop attached. I will know if this is a true gloat when I plug it in and it really starts. I will keep you posted.
    BTW – I found this saw with Snarfer – highly recommended. It is free and will search Craigslist, Ebay or RSS feeds for whatever search & price criteria you define. Very cool.
    Attached Images Attached Images

In view of the fact that a new one is priced at over $2,300, I would say that you have a gloat there.

http://www.tools-plus.com/delta-33-8...term=DEL33-890

CPeter

Eric, it sure sounds like a gloat to me. Congratulations. Keep us posted once you get it all set up.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps