Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raised Panel Blanket Chest

Nice work

Robin,
    I like the design and craftmanship. I know your family members will treasure these. It is the gift that will keep on giving.
    Jerry in the Sunshine State
    Nam Vet, 67-68
    "If you're going to be stupid you got to be tough"

Excellent work...

Sarge..

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Green View Post
    Robin,

What a nice job you did on the chest! Why is the routered portion of the raised panel a darker color than the rest of it?

BTW, I also like the raised panel work on your walls. I have a project house that I am thinking about doing the same thing to it. Your setup looks simple but still elegant. Did you do it yourself? Do you have any design guides that might help me to reproduce something like it on my house?

Thanks,
    Phil
    First of all, thanks for all of the feedback from everyone and I greatly appreciate the comments. I've enjoyed the forum thus far and see a lot of good information and interesting projects.

To address Phil's questions, the panels were prestained to address potential shrinkage. The picts are actually of the same chest, just showing the back side in some unfinished picts. I could have done cathedral tops on the backside as well, but didn't see the extra work as necessary.

Concerning the wainscoting/paneling on the walls, it's actually just molding that the builder put directly on the sheetrock and then sprayed enamel. It provides the appearance of a panel type of wainscoting, but it's not particularly difficult to produce.

Looks good! Welcome!