Thread: Question for G1023 "left-tilt" owners

Question for G1023 "left-tilt" owners

Anybody install a real 42-inch "commercial" Biesemeyer fence with 30" rails (30L12 rail kit) on their G1023? Did you have to drill additional holes to do it? Also, did you have to modify the rear rail at all?

I bought a Biesemeyer on clearance at Lowe's several months ago and am wondering whether the holes on the rails will line up with the holes on the saw table.

Jason
    Last edited by Jason White; 03-10-2009 at 6:37 AM.

At the risk of sounding like a wise guy - why don't you take it out of the box and see if the holes line up?

A perfectly logical question.

If it doesn't fit, I'd love to be able to sell it as "new in unopened box."

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Chapman View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a wise guy - why don't you take it out of the box and see if the holes line up?

S.E. Tennessee ... just a bit North of Chattanooga
    I don't think many people would care whether it said "New in Unopened Box" vs "New in Box"

Just be careful not to damage anything, and it will be fine. OR .. you could find someone with the same fence and measure theirs. I'd open the box.

<<<__ Bøb __>>>

Quote Originally Posted by Jason White View Post
    Anybody install a real 42-inch "commercial" Biesemeyer fence with 30" rails (30L12 rail kit) on their G1023? Did you have to drill additional holes to do it? Also, did you have to modify the rear rail at all?

Jason
    I have the longer Biesemeyer rails on my 1023 left tilt. I didn't have to modify the rear rail but I did have to drill new mounting holes in the table top and wings to line up with the Biesemeyer rail holes - no big deal. I guess I could have drilled the fence rails to match the existing mounting holes in the table and wings, but my approach was a lot easier.

-- Phil

Cool! Thanks a lot.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Harding View Post
    I have the longer Biesemeyer rails on my 1023 left tilt. I didn't have to modify the rear rail but I did have to drill new mounting holes in the table top and wings to line up with the Biesemeyer rail holes - no big deal. I guess I could have drilled the fence rails to match the existing mounting holes in the table and wings, but my approach was a lot easier.

-- Phil

Please post about the fitup. I have the same option staring at me and I can sell my Lowes prize as new, in unopened box .
    Question is why you want to change out the fence that came with the TS? Mine works well, stays aligned, is strong, doesn't complain, get moody etc.

I just got the saw and have not installed either fence yet (Shop Fox or Biesemeyer). Both are brand new "in the box."

JW

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Barnett View Post
    Please post about the fitup. I have the same option staring at me and I can sell my Lowes prize as new, in unopened box .
    Question is why you want to change out the fence that came with the TS? Mine works well, stays aligned, is strong, doesn't complain, get moody etc.