Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cocobolo Writing Table

Wow, that is one gorgeous table. I love the top and the legs especially.

Ed, why not drop some jaws and post a pic of what that table is doing now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Shanku View Post
    Ed, why not drop some jaws and post a pic of what that table is doing now!!!
    I'm sitting at it now-

alex

I'm not feelin' it

Beautiful table Edward. That cocobolo sure is nice.

Blog Entries
    Wow. Absolutely Stunning.

Ed, two things:

First, what an incredibly beautiful table! I love the design of it.

Second, what the hell did you do to it? Tell me that last picture is of a prototype and not the same table as we saw in the first batch. Yee gads man!

One of the better projects to show up on this board !!
    Design, execution and choice of wood is top notch !!

That cocobolo top is nothing less than STUNNING !!! Mamma mia ! It's beautiful !
    MARK

impressive

Quote Originally Posted by edward alexander View Post
    I'm sitting at it now-
    alex
    I don't think I would've shown the last pic.

Beautiful woodwork nonetheless.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Skory View Post
    Ed, two things:

First, what an incredibly beautiful table! I love the design of it.

Second, what the hell did you do to it? Tell me that last picture is of a prototype and not the same table as we saw in the first batch. Yee gads man!
    first thanks for all the good things you guys have said about my work-coming from my peers is what really counts ---- -as to how this piece is being used now-heck it's my desk- I mean if you make a chair it's meant to be sit in.

alex

I like the design alot, plus the wood contrats are amazing. Could you explain how you made the coves that support the top and that the drawers slide into. Was it on a shaper or TS?

I know its supposed to be used but not there

I saw this posed in another forum and IIRC, it was a gallery piece that didn't sell so Ed took it home to keep for himself.

Is that setup in your shop where you have it now ED?
    Also... did the gallery price it or did you? Seeing that galleries work on sales percentages, I just wondered if they put the price tag on it?
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey Torres View Post
    I saw this posed in another forum and IIRC, it was a gallery piece that didn't sell so Ed took it home to keep for himself.

Is that setup in your shop where you have it now ED?
    Also... did the gallery price it or did you? Seeing that galleries work on sales percentages, I just wondered if they put the price tag on it?
    No it's not in the shop-same building but different room. ( I own and live in this old hotel) I set the price on my pieces and the galleries that show my work take there cut,this gallery only wanted 30% (most ask 50%) and the owner had asked if he could show my work , it was there over a year and didn't sell so I brought it home.
    the old hotel-

alex

Quote Originally Posted by Craig D Peltier View Post
    I like the design alot, plus the wood contrats are amazing. Could you explain how you made the coves that support the top and that the drawers slide into. Was it on a shaper or TS?

I know its supposed to be used but not there
    Craig I cut the coves on the table saw,I've used those cove cross pieces on I guess a half dozen pieces-the piece I'm working on now will have them(a walnut desk) as to how I do it, I put a fence at 45 degree to the blade on the saw table and take a smidgen of a cut (about 1/32") on one side of the board I'm cutting the cove on turn the board over and take the same cut off that side
    raise the blade a smidgen and repeat,and repeat until it's done.oh a smidgen is a measurement we use down here in Texas.

alex