Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: usa state's outline for puzzle

usa state's outline for puzzle

i dont know what i am asking for really but i am trying to make a puzzle of the us states for my son. so if anyone has a good vector outline of them or something that would help that would be great thanks
    epilog legendEXT 120watts 36x24, corel x4, ps cs3, photograv 2.11

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet.

Devon

I don't have X4 but I think all the other versions have map clip art. (well X3 doesn't)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mike Null; 03-11-2009 at 5:54 PM. Reason: addition
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Mike, I have x4.......any idea where I would find the maps?
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Devon,

Here is a picture of our System Administrator Aaron Koehl in my shop vcarving an 8 by 4 foot USA map that we got from the Corel Draw 6 clip art page B255 file name usaflat.cdr. The clip art includes every state and a couple complete USA maps like this one. We made this one for a Harley Davidson biker that wanted to stick pins in the map at every location he had been on his bike.

We ran this job late at night...the night before it was promised as I recall. You can bet that Aaron had a cup of coffee right beside him while he was working up a sweat
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 03-11-2009 at 7:17 PM.

Keith - when did he start sweating - reaching for the coffee? Looks like he's really working it at this angle... Must be the pocket grabbing that's causing the sweat... Maybe the brainpower extended. Actually, if I remember he's deep into studies right now - so he probably loved the break from the books...

Nice picture - someday I hope to have a big toy like that...
    Steve Beckham

Epilog Mini 24 with 45 Watt, Ricoh GX 7000 Sublimation, Corel X3, Corel X4 and PhotoGrav, Recently replaced the two 'used' SWF machines with brand new Barudans.

Steve

After checking my X3 and not finding it I would guess it's part of the clip art they've removed.

My best collection comes from version 8.

If you happen across an older version though the clip art files were quite extensive. The clip art will work with newer versions of windows though the program may not.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Mike,

I keep the clipart from all of the Corel Draw upgrades I have purchased on my hard drive. The clip art is not the same with each version of Corel, obviously. I have version 5,6,10,12 and 13.

Stephen, I will admit the ShopBot is a big toy and more fun than any other I have in my shop. Its also a real workhorse and the software available these days has made it possible for old dogs to learn some new tricks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Steve

After checking my X3 and not finding it I would guess it's part of the clip art they've removed.

My best collection comes from version 8.

If you happen across an older version though the clip art files were quite extensive. The clip art will work with newer versions of windows though the program may not.
    Just my luck to get stuck with x4........

Thanks for looking Mike.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

While I don't advocated buying software on ebay due to serial number problems and fraud, I would encourage you to surf ebay or other sites in hopes you will find an old copy of Corel that includes the clip art CDs.

In this case, I do agree with Mike that Corel Draw 8 has a great collection of clip art. You cannot use 8 with the newer versions of Scrapbook, but you can easily set up ROMCAT to read the old versions using their pre-built catalogs.

Nice

Man I wish I had room for such a beast. I think I need a bigger house !
    Epilog Helix 45
    Corel Draw X7
    Stepcraft 840 CNC
    Fully outfitted woodshop
    I'm a PC...........

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Chance in Iowa View Post
    You cannot use 8 with the newer versions of Scrapbook, but you can easily set up ROMCAT to read the old versions using their pre-built catalogs.
    Mike,

Do you use Scrapbook alot? With x4 they mention that you can install it, but they don't really promote it.....so I have never used it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Chance in Iowa View Post
    with the newer versions of Scrapbook
    Huh, who knew. Scrapbook, I wondered what those other 2 CDs were for. I never even looked at the labels, I figured I would be asked to insert them when needed during the installation. I never got asked so just stuffed them back in the box after it installed figuring they were drivers I didn't need.

All this time a treasure trove has been sitting on the shelf.

Thanks Mike Chance in Iowa. (3 Vowels and a Consonant)
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

thanks that seems like it will work for me. as for clip art, i found a torrent for 8,9,10,11, and 12 that im downloading so if anyone knows what torrents are or wants it let me kow i guess
    epilog legendEXT 120watts 36x24, corel x4, ps cs3, photograv 2.11

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet.

If you are getting the software from a torrent, then it is just like taking your neighbors software and installing it on your computer.

Jerre