Thread: Micro-fiber pillow

Micro-fiber pillow

In a recent post about fleece, someone mentioned a pillow project on the Epilog site. It looked interesting enough to make me run down to Kohl's to get a couple of pillows.
    I ran with the settings mentioned - 100 speed and 20 power - no mention was made of dpi so I ran at 600.
    I tried several things to flatten the pillow surfce, but finally threw in the towel and just ran it. the leading edge was out of focus and barely engraved. I selected the top portion of the image, raised the pillow, and ran a second pass of just the light area.
    I think most of the issues could be easily overcome to make it practical.

Blog Entries
    Looks great, Michael. It would help people understand your settings and reapply them to their machine if you would post your specific machine make, model, and power in your signature.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

That came out surprisingly well for not having it flat!

With my quilter wife here I think I would have had her unhem it, take out the stuffing, then sew it back up after.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

C'mon Dan, we don't want to make it too easy no do we?

45 Watt Epilog Helix

Could only be an Epilog! Excellent job
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    Looks great, Michael. It would help people understand your settings and reapply them to their machine if you would post your specific machine make, model, and power in your signature.
    His profile shows that he has a 45 watt epilog Helix - don't know the speed though...

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Corker View Post
    Could only be an Epilog!
    Why, because it's a project he couldn't make money from?

(yes people, it was a joke......relax ) Frank started it
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

It would be simple enough to make a 4 post frame with about 2-3 inches between the top and bottom halves that you could stuff pillow into, and keep the center of it pretty flat.. I got a bunch of these on my boat.. Springs coming and when i pull the tarp off I'll get the pillows and give this a try...
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it