Thread: the penn state saga continues..

the penn state saga continues..

I wish I was surprised but no return shipping label to return my 5 year USED Penn state DC that was supposedly not used. I called and was told it would be emailed for me to print out later today. Called later today when I didn't see it and was told before he left he would send it.

He's gone and no email.

Since all this started I looked over the dust collector shroud again and found clear silicon caulking all over the exhaust port where someone had sealed their duct to. When I mentioned that to them I was told it may have been used and returned. Its just been sitting in the ware house since 2004

That sucks but it happens. I bought a "new" planer on Monday that looked like it had 1000bf ft run through it. Whoever used it never removed the shipping grease which was caked in sawdust. It was also missing all of the accessories. Really a waste of time. Couldnt imagine who boxed that up and put it out on the floor.

Can't fix stupid I guess.

PS

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Scoma View Post
    That sucks but it happens. I bought a "new" planer on Monday that looked like it had 1000bf ft run through it. Whoever used it never removed the shipping grease which was caked in sawdust. It was also missing all of the accessories. Really a waste of time. Couldnt imagine who boxed that up and put it out on the floor.

Can't fix stupid I guess.

PS
    It doesn't have anything to do with stupid in my opinion. It has to do with dishonesty. The more I talk to this guy the more I realize I was flat out lied to. He keeps changing the story as he goes along an frankly I don't think I am going to get any satisfaction till I fly up there and take it out of him.

Assuming you paid for this with a credit card, call them and open a complaint. They will contact Penn State and it's interesting how quickly retailers will "make good" on problems when the credit card company calls them. If Penn State doesn't make good on your dust sucker, your cc company will refund your money.

"He did offer to send a shipping label to me. I took his offer.

I will say this for penn state. Even though I still think the dust collector has been used I really believe Bill does not think it has been used (though he may suspect as much now that he has seen pics of the inside).

They did the honest thing and are going to pay for shipping back to them. They move a little slow but they do give customer service.

For now the problem is solved. I just hope it doesn't take to long to get that shipping label."
    ================================================== ======

Keith - you posted the above on March 9th.
    Today is March 12th, making yesterday the 11th by my calcs.

Where they going to use USPS to Express Mail it? Even using that the PO will tell you 2-3 days since all that happened since 9-11 - next day means NADA anymore except with FedEx.
    I just had a birthday and it took 6 days to get a card here from 2 states away based on postmark.

Each thread makes it more apparent you're angry as a hornet. That's been made clear. Might be a great time for others to chime in on positive experiences with them. I could start it but ......don't feel the need since my comments already been stated.

I've never had to return anything to PSI, but all my Internet transactions have been fine. As far as their customer service goes, I really think it depends on who answers the phone. One call, I got someone that obviously didn't want to do their job and didn't enjoy the experience at all. Ohter few times, they've been super nice and helpful.

Joel, He stated they were going to email it to him not mail it.
    "Chaos is the law of nature. Order is the dream of man."
    Wallace Stegner

Then me bad - and me admits to never having heard of this before either.

So me says sorry