Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earlex HVLP Sprayer question

Earlex HVLP Sprayer question

Can you add a paint bucket to it? Say 2 quart or larger?

the gun lid locks by a cam that pinches two hooks around the lid of the default can.

anything that would fit the hooks should work, but there's no other obvious means of attaching an alternate can.

you'd probably need to extend the supply line inside the can too, it doesn't go that deep.

probably possible if you really wanted to, but not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Clayton View Post
    the gun lid locks by a cam that pinches two hooks around the lid of the default can.

anything that would fit the hooks should work, but there's no other obvious means of attaching an alternate can.

you'd probably need to extend the supply line inside the can too, it doesn't go that deep.

probably possible if you really wanted to, but not easy.
    Thanks for trying to help. Gives me something to think about anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig D Peltier View Post
    Can you add a paint bucket to it? Say 2 quart or larger?
    that depends if your gun it's already pressure feed.

if so, you can add a pressure pot any size...you'll need some fittings fluid hose and a small air compressor to pressurize the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Silva View Post
    that depends if your gun it's already pressure feed.

if so, you can add a pressure pot any size...you'll need some fittings fluid hose and a small air compressor to pressurize the pot.
    Earlex is a turbine system.

so what?!!

my guess is, you dont have a clue about spray systems...so it will be better to leave it alone!
    Last edited by Marco Silva; 03-14-2009 at 9:53 AM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Marco Silva View Post
    so what?!!

my guess is, you dont have a clue about spray systems...so it will be better to leave it alone!
    Yeah, that's probably why he's asking a question, because he doesn't know. That's the point of asking, to find out from someone that does.

My guess is you don't know anything about being polite.. so maybe it would be better if you left this thread alone.

so what?!!

Wow six post and already a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Demetropoulos View Post
    Yeah, that's probably why he's asking a question, because he doesn't know. That's the point of asking, to find out from someone that does.

My guess is you don't know anything about being polite.. so maybe it would be better if you left this thread alone.
    True I have only used it once. My finisher was interested in it and wanted to know if a bigger pot would work, I told him I would ask.

Earlex makes several HVLP guns, most of which aren't pressure fed. The HX-5000 (aka Spray Station Pro) and HX-7000 are the exceptions.

Look at the gun and see if there's tubing from the gun to the paint container, alongside the paint pickup tube. If so, the gun uses some of the airflow to pressurize the container and push finish up into the gun. If not, it uses some of the airflow to create a siphon and pull finish up into the gun.

A remote cup or pressure pot should work with either type, with varied results depending on the thickness of the finish, how long the remote lines are, and how efficient the siphon gun. You can also add pressure with an air compressor to "help" the siphon gun pull finish.

You could probably knock something together if you're clever (working out the bugs with water, not paint), or buy a solution. A 2qt remote pot and lines will run about $100, and a 2.5 gallon pressure pot about twice that.

http://www.gleempaint.com/pressurepots.html

-jon-
    Happiness is a shiny new 3520b, and a reversing Jet 1220 for backup.
    Wading into the shavings, waving a fistful of Thompson gouges.
    Too new to be scared, too excited to think twice.

Angry

well...I'm no jerk! and I dont remenber to offend you or anyone else for that matter.

If post count was important...you sould be able to help your "finisher" to setup something as simple as a pressure pot setup

fiy earlex are hobby grade systems no real finisher would even think on trying that one out...and a real finisher should be able to setup a pressure pot in a blink of an eye.

12. I think we took Marco's comment the wrong way and he was actually trying to help, so sorry Marco.

Paul

Oh, and welcome aboard.

well...I'm no jerk! and I dont remenber to offend you or anyone else for that matter.

If post count was important...you sould be able to help your "finisher" to setup something as simple as a pressure pot setup

fiy earlex are hobby grade systems no real finisher would even think on trying that one out...and a real finisher should be able to setup a pressure pot in a blink of an eye.
    Marco you come across as very rude. My point on post count was your new here, you should be sounding off and coming across that way , seems like you wouldnt be right for the board was my point. We are for the most part very cordial to each other here. This is a helping forum as well as a teaching forum etc. .

What does my post count have to do with finishing if I dont do my own finishing?
    Maybe my finisher would like to use a turbine system on touchups on jobs? He had never heard of the earlex.
    Who are you to say who is a real finisher or not. If a real finisher could set up a pressure pot in a blink of an eye then why is there no direct answers to my question here. I guess cause there isnt a standard adaptation to the earlex 5000 for a larger pot , cause there's alot of great finishers on here and experts like you. So mr know it all , keep your comments to yourself if they arent cordial towards me. Learn how to speak an come across as friendly on here.

so what?!!

Why would I leave it alone? I have questions? I have just as much a right to ask them as anyone else. Cant people learn, geez

Maybe my finisher would like to use a turbine system on touchups on jobs? He had never heard of the earlex.
    Sure, i have one turbine system for that purpose. of course it is not a cheap 2 stage turbine. and for sure if I now back then what i know now i would just save some extra money and bought a small AAA.

Who are you to say who is a real finisher or not.
    I'm just some guy that don't outsource my finishing work and have some experience under my belt. contrary to some...

If a real finisher could set up a pressure pot in a blink of an eye then why is there no direct answers to my question here. I guess cause there isnt a standard adaptation to the earlex 5000 for a larger pot
    I gave you a direct answer on my first post If you don't get it, thats your problem.

You replied it's a turbine system I was pretty sure your mocking on my face, now I understand you're plain ignorant when it comes to finishing.

I'll back off now, i hardly feed the trolls.

have a nice day.