Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project Finished!!

Project Finished!!

Just finished this in my master bedroom. Installed the Blum Blumotion hardware on the drawers...Sweet! Pocket doors, dovetailed the drawers, etc... It was a fun project.

The wife loves it. This was my first attempt at a full cabinet and I learned a lot.
    It started as a cabinet with bookcase, so after I cut the carpeting (it's anchored to the floor) We thought now would be the time to add wood floors. Needless to say the project kept growing, but all is good and I thought I would share the finish project.

Thanks SMC! I've received a ton of good info from here
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beautiful work. Congrats! When I finish a project, LOML just tells me I spent way too much time in the basement on it.!

Eric, Very nice work. I really like the tv cabinet idea and how you trimmed it out. The white really brightens a room. Did you use mdf? Also are those doors that when pulled out hide the tv? John

Really nice work Erik.

Blog Entries
    Very nice looking units. That is a bright, cheery, clean look in white.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by John Grossi View Post
    Eric, Very nice work. I really like the tv cabinet idea and how you trimmed it out. The white really brightens a room. Did you use mdf? Also are those doors that when pulled out hide the tv? John
    John,
    I went overboard on the panels. I used furniture grade plywood only because I was looking at longevity. I did use MDF on the raised panels in the TV Doors though. I'm learning as I go where I can shave cost by using different types of wood in area that won't be visible. The trim and bookcase is ply and poplar. Yes, the doors do pull out and conceal the TV.

Thanks for the compliment!

Realy nice , but who could expect anything less from a fellow viking.

Very nice looking and appropriately functional for your needs.

Sarge..

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Patel View Post
    Beautiful work. Congrats! When I finish a project, LOML just tells me I spent way too much time in the basement on it.!

So Shawn, don't tell her everything else you do/make down there!

Eric, nicely done! I really like the clean look and the wood floor adds a nice contrast.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Very nice. I have a corner cabinet to do. This will give me inspiration.
    Charlie Jones

Blog Entries
    Eric
    Very Nice....I have a corner cabinet in my future after seeing the ideas in this one!! Thanks for adding to my TO DO List
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...Holy Cow....what a ride!"

Beautiful! Very nice finish. Contrasts with the floor well. I really like the molding work, too. Great job.
    Gene
    Life is too short for cheap tools
    GH

Thats a great use of space and it blends in nicely. someday I hope to steal that idea.

You know... most folk go their whole lifetime and are unable to build something like this. The only criticism I have it you have a book called Zap in front of the golf book

JK... very nice and excellent selection on the Blum hardware!
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"