Thread: Penn state saga solved.

Penn state saga solved.

I decided to put this in a new thread so I can explain what has happened more easily.

It turned Out I was right. Penn state figured out the collector motor and fan they sent had been used quite a bit.

when I didn't get the email with the return code I figured I was getting the run around. I had been through this type of thing before and this seemed like the same thing. (I've had horrible luck with all my purchases in one way or the other). I called and was told they all of a sudden had pictures of the unit they sent out and they felt I used the unit before taking my pic's. I was beside myself with rage to hear at what depths I was being screwed.

I guess the tone of my voice told the penn state rep I was not only exceedingly angry but also telling the truth. So He looked into it a little deeper.

Apon examining both sets of photos he discovered they sent me a proto type (Not sure what he really means) that had a lot of hours on it. I got a phone call with a lot of apologies. The sent the return code right away and sent an email with more apologies stating they would notify UPS of the pickup and refund all my money including what I paid for shipping.

See. I wasn't crazy after all. I was SOL until they discovered their mistake.

It was picked up and unless this is some sort of super scam (yes experience has made me paranoid) I will get my refund next week.

My luck has been so bad I was about to quit woodworking because I was afraid I would go postal. Really glad this seems to have worked itself out.

S.E. Tennessee ... just a bit North of Chattanooga
    2 words for ya' .. 1 = congratulations 2 = Clearvue

<<<__ Bøb __>>>

Blog Entries
    Keith, whatever you do, stay away from Dan Lemkin. Put you two guys together luck-wise and anything might happen .

Glad that all got straightened out.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Told you they were a foul up outfit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by george wilson View Post
    Told you they were a foul up outfit!!!

Bet ya did there George and maybe you think everyone agrees but >>

__ I will do nothing but sing Praises in my experience in dealing with them.

Glad it got resolved Keith - and I can toss another couple of names of folks who I think you need to stay away from too. They been nailed with lousy run of luck with a few different top tier and priced vendors..... see woodnet...... poop happens everywhere at times.

I didn't have the extreme bad dealings with them that Keith had,but I wasn't very happy with their service. It should have been their response to Keith to try to resolve his problem at once.Not keep him steaming mad about it for a long time. They should have communicated with him better,and not kept him waiting for emails.

We have a small business,mostly my wife's,and the customer is always first. They are given new jewelry often even before they return something incorrect,or damaged,or whatever.We pay return shipping. We do not question the customer about the validity of claims. That way,we lose a little money,but we keep the customer,which is the most important thing if you want to stay in business.We depend heavily upon repeat business.

Now,many people have heard about this company's sloppy serice,and they are not the better for it.

From a conversation I had with their president about inclined impellors,he acted stubborn,and developed an attitude about how 'biased" a magazine test of dust collectors was,though certain units of theirs were well rated.

I ended up buying from Oneida because of that conversation. The exhaust silencer arrived damaged,and they sent a new one,no questions asked,right away.

I also think some of their sales people are dippy. They need to do a better job of selecting staff.

I don't care if other people agree with me,either. It seems to be a common enough service that woodworkers advise each other about problems that they may have had.That way,others may choose to go ahead at their own risk,or shop elsewhere. I think it is a worthwhile thing to tell about these problems.If good dealings are had,it is also useful to know about them as well. We spend a great deal of time in sharing such experiences,or in recommending,or not recommending products. It is all good.
    Last edited by george wilson; 03-14-2009 at 8:50 PM.