Thread: Need ideas, folding sewing table

Need ideas, folding sewing table

Ok guys put on your thinking caps I need some ideas. The wife asked me about a sewing table made from a solid slab door. She wants padding on one side for ironing and a hard surface on the other for rotary cutting. Now heres the hard part. She wants it to fold down against the wall when not in use. So the table needs to be able to flip and fold down against the wall. Any ideas??
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.

solid core doors are HEAVY, are you sure your wife would even be able to lift it to fold and unfold it?

that said what i would do is attach a frame to the wall with hinges attached to the door. i would then get some folding table legs that unfold to support the door once its swung up into position

Ok but how do I flip it over to use the other side too? And you're right a solid core would be too heavy so lets go with just a flat hollow core.

Jim
    this may sound crazy but get a hollow door. build a frame that attaches to the wall to fold down with fold out legs . put the door inside the frame so that it can flip like the flip carts for two tools.

Ah excellent!! Thats just the idea I was looking for!! Thanks!!

my bad, i thought you meant like left and right side not back and front