Thread: Sketchup Errors

Sketchup Errors

I've posted this question over at LJ as well so if you think you're seeing double, I apologize. Just trying to get a quick answer.
    I'm new to Sketchup but learning fast, but am having a couple of problems. When I select a component in the Outliner Box and right click, I get what I am assuming are 3 error screens.

1st is: #<Sketchup::ComponentDefinition:Ox4eaC7a07>

I hit ok in the ok box and get:
    {135E68E-1B78-48BF-9F12-FB9CB4764654}

I hit ok again and get a 3rd box and get
    an inverted yellow triangle with an exclamation mark and ok box. I hit ok and am presented with the right click menu I am trying to access.

When I try to select a component and select the Edit drop down list from the top of page menus I get the same three screens but cannot access that menu till I explode the component.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Ron Huebner; 03-17-2009 at 3:00 PM.

Ron, the url for the image you're trying to show refers to a location on your machine which is inaccessible to anyone else. You'll need to upload the image to an accessible location for it to be visible on the forum.

It sounds like there's some sort of error in the definiton of the component. Your comment about exploding the component seems to substantiate this. Does it happen on all components or just some of them.

Don't know if it'll work or not, but you might try setting your preferences to "Automatically fix problems when they are found". Go to the menu item "Window\Preferences", select "General" in the tree on the left side of the dialog, and click on the "Automatically fix problems..." check box in the lower half of the dialog.
    Tom Veatch
    Wichita, KS
    USA

further defined

It happens to all components, both mine and those loaded from the Warehouse.

Just tried the "Automatic Fix" solution but it has not helped.

I haven't run into this, but I'd suggest uninstalling SketchUp and reinstalling to see if that clears it up. If not, I'd suggest Googling those error messages to see if others have had the same problem.

Are you getting "Bug Splats?" If so, do fill out the contact information. You may get a response.
    Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate

I had a similar problem!

The same type of error codes were noted when selecting a component and but not a group. The issue was traced down to a single plug-in with dated code. Since upgrading to version 7.0 be cautious about using all of the plug-in's which worked in SU 6.0. Try moving all plug-in to a temp folder and selective add until the problem reappears. This takes some time since you must close and re-open SU after adding plug-in's.

Everything I try to draw in Sketchup is an error!! I think Im better off with good ol paper and pencil!!
    If at first you don't succeed, look in the trash for the instructions.