Thread: Need help selecting paint sprayer

Need help selecting paint sprayer

Hello,

I need to purchase a decent quality paint sprayer, and I need some assistance in selecting one. I don’t need an expensive one, and I don’t need to do a lot of work with it, but I do need one that will do what I need and one that is easy to maintain.

All that I need to paint are about six sets of interior wooden louvered closet doors. These are a pain in the neck to paint with a brush, so I want a decent paint sprayer to do the job. I don’t have a compressor, and I don’t want to buy one for this single job, so I need a sprayer that doesn’t use a compressor.

I’d like something that’s capable of spraying semi-gloss latex paint without clogging, and I need one that’s easy to clean and maintain.

I know that the Borgs carry some of these, but I need help in selecting which one.

Thanks,

Louis

the best buy in budget turbine powered compressors hands down, no contest, is the earlex 5000. woodcraft has them and i believe sears has started selling them as well.

looking at about 300 dollars for a new one.

Haven't used one, but the Earlex does get great reviews. I understand the Woodcraft one comes with an extra smaller needle for spraying thinner finishes, as well as the needle for the paint finishes.

Louis, why don't you buy the Earlex with the extra needle, paint your doors, and then sell it to me for a nice discount I've been wanting one for some time.

If all you really need to spray are the shutter doors, I'd rent an airless from the paint store. If you use alkyd enamel you'll need a fine finish tip. If using latex, ask for the proper tip from the pro. If you sand and prime the sutter doors correctly, the airless will produce a fantastic finish. You'll need to prepare a place to spray them with adequate paper/cardboard under and around the area you are spraying. I'd drive two 12d nails in each end of the doors and set them on saw horses. Paint one side and flip them over to spray the other side. Two coats for best results.
    Phil in Big D
    The only difference between a taxidermist and the taxman, is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. Mark Twain