Thread: Saw Set recommendation

Saw Set recommendation

I just tried my first saw sharpening - the filing part. Now I need a saw set. I see a good price at Tools for Working Wood:

http://www.toolsforworkingwood.com/M...egory_Code=TFA

Is this the way to go or is there a better way?

I searched for "saw set" in the Creek and did not find anything, though I assume the topic has come up before.

Brian
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

The sets from TFWW are just fine and priced better than the vintage ones in good shape that I've seen. I never understood why the vintage ones bring some of the prices they do. Get the smaller of the two, it will likely be more useful unless you find yourself doing a lot of big rip saws.

I've got both. They work fine. They are identical (including the number registration) except for the little thingamajigger that sets the tooth against the tool's anvil.

As above, just buy the smaller one unless you never plan on setting fine toothed saws. It may not be perfectly idea for larger saws, but should work just fine.

I'm glad they work. I'll get both because I will later want to do smaller back saws, but now I'm sharpening a 26" rip saw.

Thanks.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

Yet one more positive vote for the TFWW saw sets. I have both and have used the larger one on a 5 TPI rip saw. They do what they're supposed to do and are fairly priced.