I work for a Moving & Storage company in my day job.... and we have a customer with a high end dining room table that was scratched on the top. We have to get it fixed for her. We did a couple of estimates from some furniture shops and I thought I'd throw it out there to see if there may be a Creeker interested in the work..... Here is a description of what needs to be done.

EJ Victor Italian Neo-Classical Dining Table
90x50 inches with two 24 in leaves.
Burl walnut veneered top in a semi parquet pattern
Finish is a high satin non-rubbed catalyzed notrcellulose lacquer.
Customer complaint - Table top is "allo scratched up" and the repair person "sprayed something all over it".

The comments on the current conditon:

The top looks like it has been worked on. On the perimeter of one half of the main top, there is a valley from the sanding of scratch running cross grain approximately 3 inches. On the other half of the main top in the center is an area that has been rubbed out with most probably 4-0 steel wool or similar abrasive. Arcing strokes are visible and they are not blending with the surrounding area.

The finish on this table and the sheen level are the reason for the repairpersons difficulty. The lacquer is a 65% satin sheen with no rub out.

With all that said..... just checking to see if a finishing expert in the Atlanta area would like a shot at picking up an extra project with, of course, the prospect of making some extra money.....

Let me know......if there is any interest in such a project.

The customer is very finicky....