Thread: Chat room question

Question Chat room question

How does one exit/quit/depart/move from the chat room? I tried /exit and /end, but I get a messge that no IRC commands are available....
    Best Regards, Ken

Blog Entries

Cool

Ken,

I don't know if it's the correct procedure or not, but when I'm finished, I scroll down and click on "SawMillCreek". That works for me. Maybe Aaron will shed some light on this.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

I've gone to the top right corner and hit 'home'
    seems to me there ought to be another way

Blog Entries

Exiting Chat!

I say good by to whoever is there and then I use the back button on my browser (netscape) and it seems to work just fine.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Talking I'm the guru here

It don't work worth a #$%^&*

However, I have found I have to clear my cashe everytime I want to wade in there and see what Ken's lyin' about.
    Phil in Big D
    The only difference between a taxidermist and the taxman, is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. Mark Twain

Arrow OK, I should have been more exact

I can get back the home page and the forums no sweat. However, when I look at the home page, I see that I am still in the chat room even-though I am now somewhere else - another forum. I am not having a mechanical problem moving around the site, I would just like to be able to formally sign off the chat room so that it doesn't look like I am still there.

I hope this makes sense
    Best Regards, Ken

try refreshing the screen?

Chat

The main page is updated only when someone joins chat- not when they leave. Also, to log out, simply navigate to another page.

_Aaron_

Thanks Aaron

for the info.

The chat room occupants list can be deceiving. I logged on in hopes of harassing Phil Phelps only to find that he was no longer there. Of course, his log-on disappeared when I logged on. I know that chat room is new and still being "burned in", but a future enhancement would be to keep track of when someone shows up on another forum, and removing them from the chat room. (yea, I know you don't have anything to do )

Keep up the good, hard work. And thanks.
    Best Regards, Ken

Talking chat

See all nice and clean: I have no problem getting into the chat room and when I want out I just move the curser to the top right corner and click he "X" and I'm gone. simple enough--using netscape.
    Mike M
    I need help, Can you