Thread: Converting color clipart into greyscale

Converting color clipart into greyscale

Is there an easy way to convert color, vector clipart into a greyscale image in corel X3.
    Ungrouping and doing each segment separately is laborious and difficult when you encounter a fountain fill.
    I am sure X3 would have an easier way, i just dont know how.
    Help please
    abdul

Yes, there is.....I just learned how to do it last week. But I ALREADY forgot! Let me try to find where I wrote down how to do it..........
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

GOT IT!!!!!!

Use the Find & Replace option.....color palette.....but you need to do it twice, once for outlines and once for fills. Also, make sure it's the only item on your page, since it will convert EVERYTHING!

So, it's EDIT | FIND & REPLACE | REPLACE OBJECTS | REPLACE A COLOR MODEL OR PALETTE

Click next, choose Find any color model or palette, choose Replace with: pick greyscale, choose Fills, click finish.

Then do the same exact thing again, but choose OUTLINES instead of FILLS.

And like I said.....it converted everything on my page, so make sure what you're trying to convert is in a separate Corel document.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Or better yet, convert it right to monochrome and you're ready to engrave it.

Tutorial posted here : http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ght=monochrome
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Abdul,

Not sure what laser you have but in the ULS drivers all you have to do is use the clipart mode and it converts everything for you.
    Mike Mackenzie
    Sales and Service of Universal Laser Systems

Mike, I have a GCC Laserpro driver and i dont think it has this function.
    Steve:
    Thanks a lot. You advice works.
    Abdul

Abdul go to xnview.com and download their latest version, it can be used free. Open your image using that, go to Image/resize (here you can change the size and set the dpi). then Image/convert to grey and you have your choices there.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Corker View Post
    Abdul go to xnview.com and download their latest version, it can be used free. Open your image using that, go to Image/resize (here you can change the size and set the dpi). then Image/convert to grey and you have your choices there.
    Frank,
    Works great but i have a problem. The clipart in Corel 9 is all in WPG format. I cant get a thumbnail display of any image.
    i have tried the file associations but cant find the extention WPG
    Abul

Don't use those. All I will say is your laser is not going to know the difference between colour, just the difference between dark, light and shades of grey. You have the option to import the wpg image into Corel. Click on it once you have imported it and export it to the desktop as jpg or bmp and then use xnview.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender