Thread: Stone Age Tools

Stone Age Tools

Okay, this may be an image request that maybe even Frank can't help out with but I thought I'd throw it out there. I'm looking for images of stone age tools (arrowheads, etc.)

I've done the google image thing and haven't come up with much that works.

Chris

PS....thanks everyone for helping me get my laser back up and running after it started "misbehaving".
    From the Land of the Great Wet North. Home of 12-15 feet of rain a year!

Universal M360 60 watt, Corel X4,Taig CNC Mill, Taig Lathe, Fully equipped Jewelry and Lapidary Studio.

try this

go to google
    select images on the top banner

type in folsom point or stone ax etc and hit google search button and it will display lots of sites that have images

tom
    Windows Vista Ultimate sp1, Epilog mini 35w, SRA hydrogen/oxygen torch

Chris - I used to do some knapping - If you do a search for "knapping" or "flint knapping" you'll find plenty of photos of stuff from guys like me who knap new stuff that is done like old stuff - well you get the idea - DB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dennis Brooker; 03-30-2009 at 2:32 PM.

Dennis, those are very nice! Actually beautiful to look at. And I though my HUSBAND was a Neanderthal... his hand planes and chisels are absolutely space age compared to those!

dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Dee - Thanks for the compliment - Those are all obsidian knife blades and several are translucent if nothing else pretty to look at - even if I do say so myself - DB

Sort of implied I wasn't going to have them. I must admit though, not much, best I could find were these 30 for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Thanks All

Thanks for all the help folks. Frank, I never doubted you for a minute...Dennis, nice work. I used to work for a historic site in Missouri that hosted one of the biggest knap-ins in the nation. Nice work! I can make functional tools but they aren't too pretty.

I actually am putting the wheels in motion (pun intended) to start a prehistoric skills group here in town and was making up some posters. I was thinking of cutting them out in the shape of a stone point or something with the laser to be an eye catcher.

Thanks again,

Chris
    From the Land of the Great Wet North. Home of 12-15 feet of rain a year!

Universal M360 60 watt, Corel X4,Taig CNC Mill, Taig Lathe, Fully equipped Jewelry and Lapidary Studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Corker View Post
    Sort of implied I wasn't going to have them. I must admit though, not much, best I could find were these 30 for you.
    Gee Frank.. Kinda disappointing! Only 30 you say? Well, if that all ya got, thats all ya got!
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it