Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

Smile "Weekend Doin's"

April 3, 2009

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

April showers bring May flowers. However, for the flowers to grow one also needs some weather warmer than low 40's. And some sun. Maybe I'm trying to rush the weather too much, but I'm really tired of winter. They're actually talking about more snow this weekend. Enough already.

Seems like I'm running around in circles lately. Run, run, run, but at the end of the day it doesn't seem like I've accomplished anything. Maybe this weekend I'll be able to get out to the shop and get something done.

What's happening on your block this weekend? Got any big plans? Or just hanging out? Whatever you're up to I hope you have a great weekend.

PLAY SAFE!!

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Palm Bay Florida, Warner Robins Georgia, and Nigeria, Africa
    We just survived three days of HEAVY rain here in Georgia. The weather looks like it's going to be great for a couple of days now... time to dry out after at least 10" of rain!

Delivery today of my 18-month old son's new play/swing set kit, so it's off to HD and Lowes to buy lumber, then a weekend of deciphering installation instructions and building it.

At 52, this is my first child... and you don't know how old you feel until you're dealing with a full-blown toddler constantly!

Two weeks left before I have to back to my six-weeks overseas "day" job. (see Pic) Staying busy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Choosing Windows 7/8 over Apple OSX and IOS is sort of like choosing Harbor Freight tools over Festool!

“They come from the desert, but it is we who have our heads in the sand.”
    Ben Weingarten

Frank sent his rain up my way - thankfully it stopped. Now there is some bright and yellowish ball up in the sky. Still trying to figure out what it is.

SWMBO has decreed that the Shop (read: Garage) is to be squared away and ORGANIZED. I concur. Looks like I know what I'm doing this morning .
    Maurice

Palm Bay Florida, Warner Robins Georgia, and Nigeria, Africa
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Ungaro View Post
    SWMBO has decreed that the Shop (read: Garage) is to be squared away and ORGANIZED. I concur. Looks like I know what I'm doing this morning .
    LOL! In my home, the "man cave" and the outside are mine, mine, MINE.. alone! She controls the inside...well... except for my office!

Gotta set limits!
    Choosing Windows 7/8 over Apple OSX and IOS is sort of like choosing Harbor Freight tools over Festool!

“They come from the desert, but it is we who have our heads in the sand.”
    Ben Weingarten

At 52, this is my first child... and you don't know how old you feel until you're dealing with a full-blown toddler constantly!

Frank, I admire your courage! You'll look back on these days with fondness and longing, especially when your child is in the throws of the "terrible teens". Good news is - it eventually all gets better. (Just kidding, I wouldn't have traded being a parant for anything.)

Going this afternoon to pick up more wood for 4 end tables. Two of which will actually make me some needed cash. the other two are for my wife, it seems that everything I build to sell, must also be built for the house.

I have still about 500bf of wood to move from the garage to the basement, then I can start figuring out how to get my new G0453 down there too. Its raining, so that might put the damper on all this.

I also have some side work to do for my full time hobby, engineering, but would rather be in the shop

This weekend....Clean off the carport.....start cutting, gluing and turning Nahm's version of "Martha Washington's Candle Stand". The cherry has been sitting in my shop aclimating for a month now.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

My "must be accomplished" is to try my hand at spraying for the first time When we were dating my wife got a nice wooden spicerack that was beatup, sanded it down, and subsequently forgot it existed. I ran across this while cleaning up and her birthday is next week so...

I also need to adjust my new planer (and get gloat pics) and build a new picnic table top to hold our new 13' market umbrella (nope, not "too much tool" )

And I'm getting an old pipe organ blower from an uncle that I wanna see if it'll work as a DC for direct venting.

Oh yeah, and I need to catchup on my last 2 circuits of wiring, insulate the ceiling and walls, and build cleat/holders for jigsaw, drills, sanding, chisels, etc. And think about lumber rack, and finishing my ducting, and ...

Not that I have much on my plate for the next month or two or year
    There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Two drawers today for desk-hutch.. top glue up tomorrow along with prepping rough tomorrow for hutch. Start hutch Sunday...

Sarge..

Just took delivery of about 4 tons of retaining wall stone The wife wants a "garden wall" around one of her planting areas.

I debated just getting enough rock to hide her in (Cask Of Amontillado style). She didnt go for it

Howdy Karl..!!!!

I Made it to post in your thread..!!!! YEA!!!!!!!

Still working on the old school desk project and working at the day job. Will be working at the day job this weekend because I'm oncall. Maybe the only real pleasure I get this weekend is the time to ride my motorcycle with some decent weather besides storms and rain.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Hopefully make it home from a quick overnight trip to Dallas but as of now I'm sitting in a plane on the tarmac in DFW waiting for Detroit to reopen. Tomorrow's plan is to take thee truck to get a spray-in bedliner and visit family. Sunday I'll b working on wiring.

Helping my son lay sod in his backyard and getting my planer wired and ready for work.

Workin' on a vanity, Euro-style. I'm looking forward to using my new PC dovetail jig.

They're talking cold and possible snow this weekend in the Quad Cities, too. Guess I'll be painting this cabinet in the basement...