Thread: Pt 1 of 2:Basement Shop's almost done - pics

Pt 1 of 2:Basement Shop's almost done - pics

After enjoying all the posts, I figure it's my turn to share.
    600 sq ft basement shop Plus 250 sq ft of storage.
    Still need to add lighting>>>fluorescents, tweak the dust collection at the bandsaw, and sort out the wood scraps/misc lumber storage.
    Key Details:
    Inca tablesaw, robland sliding table
    Electrical sub-panel
    GEMTRAC storage unit>>great salvage find for misc hardware
    Pre-painted 1/4" pegboard
    Vinyl tile flooring
    Dual 20amp circuits on walls
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pics Jumbled -Sorry

fingers were faster than my brain...part 2 has the main pics

Pt 2 of 2:Here are the main pics >>Computer Operator error

These are the main layout pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your "periodical" storage "door"/rack system is absolutely the bee's knees!! Tell us more about it...that is so slick.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Very awesome! Way too organized for me, I would never be able to find anything

Addt'l info on storage system

The sliding door storage system is made by GEMTRAC...very expensive when new. Units weigh 1200# empty...fortunately it breaks down into small enough pieces that they can be moved around. I've attached a pdf to show more details.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rick,

Looks like you have a shop that anybody would be proud of. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us....
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by rick sizemore View Post
    The sliding door storage system is made by GEMTRAC...very expensive when new. Units weigh 1200# empty...fortunately it breaks down into small enough pieces that they can be moved around. I've attached a pdf to show more details.
    Thats a pretty cool set up. I built something similar for a dealership a few years ago. I removed a paint booth from they're building. Then built a mezzanine for records storage. Below that they stored items such as a manlift, and a few other large items they didn't use very often. Then along the one wall I built a "book" or pegboards for them. They were 2xs laid flat, with the pegboard screwed to them. Then they were mounted to the wall with heavy duty hinges. They used it to store specialty tools that the shop doesn't use very often but are required for some of their major repairs.

Cool set up!! Thanks for sharing. Jim
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Inspirational!

Quote Originally Posted by rick sizemore View Post
    These are the main layout pics.
    Rick,

You've done a terrific job. Only wish we had basements around here. You might want to see about moving things around a little so that you can build a boat down there !
    Dick Mahany.