Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beautiful wood (gloat)

I am jealous!

Frank, Even I am jealous of your haul of wood! The Redwood burl is something else!! It is hard to come by and here in WI non existent unless you have deep pockets! Have fun with your new found treasures and keep us updated on your projects!

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Frank, when you say "wood guy" are you saying lumber or firewood?

There's a firewood "factory" around the corner from me. I see that he sets crotches and gnarly pieces aside, since they don't split well..I'm thinking that I need to introduce myself.

BTW, nice haul..

Steve,
    You should introduce yourself, Thats how I meet this guy. He's a tree trimmmer/ firewood guy who also deals in burl, but the burls he's after need to weigh a least 1000lbs. I've also got wood from several other tree trimers in the area.
    Frank

I have connections with tree guys at two colleges.
    I will try to connect with this guy.
    I found that a gift of something turned from their wood is appreciated, and keeps the flow of wood going.

That wood is So nice. I'm jealous

Looks like the dust from that wood is probably poisonous (especialy the redwood burl). You should send it to me for proper disposal.
    Really nice wood.

Tim
    Last edited by Tim Cleveland; 04-06-2009 at 2:23 PM.

Who says Mother Nature doesn't know what she is doing !!!!!!!

Congrats. !!!

Ray Binnicker

I'm going to have to do that and call up some local tree trimmers.