Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shadow Box Project

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Thien View Post
    Outstanding work. How is the insignia constructed?
    It's just resawn maple glued onto the alder base.

Excellent work! I'm sure the sargent will place it in a prominent location.
    Ray
    Just trying to learn

That's a beauty. It would be an honor to receive and to make.

I guess this is a flag protocol question. Is a folded flag delivered at retirement? I'd only heard of that at a funeral.
    Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate

Quote Originally Posted by John Schreiber View Post
    That's a beauty. It would be an honor to receive and to make.

I guess this is a flag protocol question. Is a folded flag delivered at retirement? I'd only heard of that at a funeral.
    The flag is not presented as is done at a funeral. The flag you see in the pictures was actually just a cheap example which I used to fit the frame. It wasn't even folded properly. There is supposed to be a star centered at the top.

A much nicer flag with embroirdered stars, and folded correctly, now sits in the shadow box. Command patches, rank insignia and a name plaque are also mounted on the blue background. I think it looks pretty spiffy.

The box will presented later this month. I hope to get some pictures of it with all the hardware added. Since there seems to be some interest in this project, I'll post some pics if I'm able to get some.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Germain View Post
    The flag is not presented as is done at a funeral. The flag you see in the pictures was actually just a cheap example which I used to fit the frame. It wasn't even folded properly. There is supposed to be a star centered at the top.

A much nicer flag with embroirdered stars, and folded correctly, now sits in the shadow box. Command patches, rank insignia and a name plaque are also mounted on the blue background. I think it looks pretty spiffy.

The box will presented later this month. I hope to get some pictures of it with all the hardware added. Since there seems to be some interest in this project, I'll post some pics if I'm able to get some.
    I can get the pics for you Pat... I have connections at JFCC-IMD!
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"