Thread: name plate idea

name plate idea

Hi everybody! I wanted to share this with you. I used some holographic film with adhesive from the scrapbooking aisle at the hobby store and stuck it to some .187" clear acrylic. Sorry about my photography skills, but the film is visible from both sides and came out pretty cool.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Margaret Turco

60 watt Universal V-460, Coreldraw X4

How thick is that acrylic? That does look cool.

Nice idea and fun holographic effect - so did you put it on the front and it is translucent so it shows through?

I made some nameplates with Radiance for some kids and they all loved them, but that stuff is way more expensive than clear acrylic. I love this place - always new ideas every day! I like the stand too, makes a nice complete package.

Thanks, dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Thanks guys! 3/16" thick acrylic, and the film is on the back, and cut through from the back.
    Margaret Turco

60 watt Universal V-460, Coreldraw X4

did you put the film on the acrylic first and then cut it? Where do you get the film?

Love it!!!!!!
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw