Thread: Heart shaped box

Heart shaped box

No, not the grunge song...this is a present I gave my wife for last Valentine's. Cherry with an ebony stripe; wipe-on poly. Hope you like it, mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mike, that had to get you more "points" than just taking her out to dinner! Nice job - very good form, and the ebony stripe is simple and elegant.

Mike,
    Was this from Scrollsaw W&C Magazine or Woodcraft? It seems like I have see this before. You did a fine job on it either way.
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

I really like it! I made one on my scroll saw a while back but it didn't turn out near as nice as that. Well done.

Dewey, yes, I did use the WoodCraft heart as the basic form, but modified it into a simpler box - just eyeballed it, and drew my own shape. Thanks for the comments, glad you all like it - the wife did, haha! Mike

Really lovely, Mike...I really like the design of the top with the relief. It adds a lot to the look!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Very nice work on this Mike! I like the flow to the piece, the ebony accent and the way the overlap of the top matches the bottom. Very good looking box! Thanks for sharing!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Very nice work, Mike. A clever idea and personal gift for the occasion.

Sarge..