Thread: Hettich drawer slides

Hettich drawer slides

Trying to decide on undermount drawer slides. Was leaning toward the Blum Tandem, but saw these installed in a relative's custom kitchen and bath drawers. The close action is very nice. They are avail. from Rockler, and the reviews at Rockler indicate they are difficult to install. The install lit. is limited.

Any comments, install tips appreciated.

I've used the Hettich glides on a couple of projects and didn't find them difficult to install at all. The closing action isn't as nice as the Blum's but then you get what you pay for. I'd look around before buying from Rockler, their prices on glides are usually pretty high.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We talkin' the Hettich Quadro? I've built a kitchen with them. I'd say they're equal to the Blum Tandem, which is my default slide. They turned out to be about the same price as the Tandems, after you add up the securing devices at the drawer front. You also have to be clear in your price comparison as to whether you're buying soft-close/blumotion or not. Good prices from www.cshardware.com for the Quadro, and www.wwhardware.com for the Blum.
    Last edited by Jamie Buxton; 04-13-2009 at 10:48 AM.

It is the Quattro I am looking at. Thanks for the cshardware link. I was looking at the Tamdem w/o Blumation.

The "Quattro" is the original undermount glide. The early ones were really rugged with heavy steel profiles and a really sweet action. They did not have the mounting clips but had to be attached to the bottom of the drawer sides with a screw from underneath. The newer Quasttros are pretty much on par with the Blum Tandem glides. The "soft closing" feature is kind of nice but it's really dependent on a piece of plastic hardware that, sooner or later, is going to fail. It's kind of like the touch latches. They are great until they wear out.
    David DeCristoforo