Thread: New Hermes 8000 & 9000 software???

New Hermes 8000 & 9000 software???

Hello hope you can give me some help,,

I purchased two machines with the software to run them, but it is not too user friendly (dos/windows). I have engraved some lines of text. I am wanting to do some dimensional milling, like grape bunches, dimensional lettering and relief cuts.

I have been looking on the internet for infomation on changing these two machines to either mach3 or emc2 but they have a pretty good learning curve too. I would like a more friendly windows work invironment if it is possible, that does not cost an arm and a leg.

I use CorelDraw8 and x3, I purchased winpcsign as it had a driver for the 9000 but I have not been able to get it working.

Will I have to change anything else to get it up in running in a 21st century windows environment.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks, : ) Mark

Neeley Graphics
    Signs & Designs
    Bellbrook, Ohio

You would probably find engravelab has drivers for your machines and albeit priocey , its pretty powerful and up to date
    you can DL a trial version
    google engravelab
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Thanks Rodne

I have looked at that software but it is about $1200, I have no base buyers for engraved items, so I am looking for lower entry fee for the software. But if i get enough work I will definately look for that as a purchase.

Thank you again for you response,

Mark, : ) ebay 1signman

Ioline Studio8, HP Designjet 2000cp, Onyx ProductionHouse, Fargo 310s and 310e, Daige 38" Quickmount 4, Premier 4-25, Express Screen System and 4 color printer, CorelDraw8 & X3, A just purchased Gerber Edge that I need software for. It came with upgrade software and original dongle only so I have the seller looking for the original discs so I can get it up and running, hope he finds them.

Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Neeley View Post
    I have looked at that software but it is about $1200, I have no base buyers for engraved items, so I am looking for lower entry fee for the software. But if i get enough work I will definately look for that as a purchase.

Thank you again for you response,

Mark, : ) ebay 1signman

Ioline Studio8, HP Designjet 2000cp, Onyx ProductionHouse, Fargo 310s and 310e, Daige 38" Quickmount 4, Premier 4-25, Express Screen System and 4 color printer, CorelDraw8 & X3, A just purchased Gerber Edge that I need software for. It came with upgrade software and original dongle only so I have the seller looking for the original discs so I can get it up and running, hope he finds them.
    Does the sell have the software on the computer that he used to run the machine? can he transfer it to a flash drive or disc for you. what is the name of the software you are looking for?

Jim J.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

Jim,

I do not know, he had it in storage for a year. The software upgrade is for Graphix Advantage 6.0 to 6.2. I have the earlier dongle but not the software. I tried to install the upgrade but the software is looking for an earlier ini. file.

Mark : ) 1signman

Mark,

To upgrade thse machines to current day software you will need to purchase an EP module. These are available on eBay quite frequently. If I were you, I would contact Fred at Quality One Engravers to determine the best way to retrofit your machines. No matter what direction you go, bringing it up to date will not be in the hundreds of dollars, it will be in the thousands. Even the older machines are great ones. They can earn you well over your investment for many years if you market your service effectively.
    -
    David Takes
    Expressions Engraved
    St. Joseph, MO

Pun Intended

Quote Originally Posted by David Takes View Post
    Mark,

To upgrade thse machines to current day software you will need to purchase an EP module. These are available on eBay quite frequently. If I were you, I would contact Fred at Quality One Engravers to determine the best way to retrofit your machines. No matter what direction you go, bringing it up to date will not be in the hundreds of dollars, it will be in the thousands. Even the older machines are great ones. They can earn you well over your investment for many years if you market your service effectively.
    Thanks for sharing David. (pun intended)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

Quote Originally Posted by David Takes View Post
    Mark,

Thanks Dave

I did receive an EP controller but it will not boot up, light comes on but nobody home. I have not had a chance to look into it yet.
    I received two computers with these machines one has a New Hermes driver card inside, it will run both machines. But with the funky Dos/Win interface. The other computer has the NH dongle and software but have not been able to get it to handshake the engraver as of yet. I also have all the NH software and fonts, HPGL conversion discs.
    I have done some engraving with them, I would just like to be able to design something in CorelDraw or some other software and engrave or route it.
    The company I purchased these from really only used the 9000 to engrave a 4x6 area. I had to disassemble and clean the cutting oil ( engine oil ) they used, because it had caked on the ways and was like honey on a table @ Mcdonalds. I tried cleannng with different solvents Carb cleaner was doing the best but I had to get it wiped off quickly or the paint would start to go flat and the fumes. So I ended up using denatured alcohol and it worked great.

Well I am going out to the shop to play some more with this I purchased winpcsign and it has the drivers but I have not set it up yet.

Thanks for the input keep'm comming,
    Mark : ) 1signman