Thread: Help with Exaktor install on a PM66

Help with Exaktor install on a PM66

Well i brought the sliding table home last night (oh ya for a whopping $56 if you didn't see my gloat) ...

Ok first thing is first, i have a 1999 PM66 with the plastic motor cover. I don't see how i am going to get 1/8" clearance with the top of the bracket and the top of the saw table... Removing the cover, even if i set the bracket directly on top of the motor (5hp baldor) its barely where it's supposed to be. The cover is flexible, so i could sqeeze it, but don't think i'd be able to get it off for service afterwards without removing the slider.

I though about building a wooden one (see Chris's PM restorations) but even if i used 1/8" ply for the top, it wouldn't solve my issue...

ideas?

thx in advance
    -brad

BTW - i intend to use the wing rather than remove it. I would only have to cut the tube, not the rails ad per the instructions, i'm not cutting melamine, etc... but that doesn't really play into my cover issue anyway unless i molded one to take on the shape of the baldor (with the thickest part of the motor's diameter being the fan cover which is well past the mounting bracket)
    Last edited by Brad Ridgway; 04-16-2009 at 7:56 AM.

Brad,

My table is an Excalibur & I have a 3hp motor on my PM 66. I used 1/4" plywood for the top on the motor cover. The outside top of the motor cover is 3 1/2" below the top of the saw table. With the blade fully raised I have 1 1/2" between the motor & the inside top of the motor cover.

Chris