Thread: help needed with CDx3

Blog Entries

Thumbs down help needed with CDx3

Rate this Entry
    coreldrawX3 help

Posted Today at 2:58 PM by Dale Davies
    Hi everyone...another first timer here. My coreldrawx3 doesn't seem to be doing the job it should. I purchaced a disc on lasering a victorian doll house and some of the files open up and some i get a 'invalid file format. This program is running on my laptop with windows xp. I downloaded coreldraw on by wifes desktop and the program works fine...but i need it on mine. The disc was bought from laserbits (laserbuzz). The question i need a answer to is this...i want to dump cdx3 and re-load it....but how do i save my files. I put " cdx3 disc 1" in my laptop to see if it could correct any of the problems there may be but to no avail. Any ideas/help would be very appreciated. I couldn't fine anything on corels website so it's time to ask the pro's...thanks in advance for your time and have yourself a great day!!!...dale

Dale,

If you re load the Corel it will not delete your saved CDR files. If you want to be sure just do a windows search for .CDR and copy them into a separate folder. If you are planning to re format the hard drive then you need to copy those files off to a jump drive or CD.

I would try to use the F8 key and restore Corel back to the default install and see if that corrects the problems before doing a re-load.
    Mike Mackenzie
    Sales and Service of Universal Laser Systems

And Welcome to the Creek Dale! (I have learned a HUGE amount here myself. Very nice people come here.)
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

Blog Entries
    hey mike...i dumped cdx3 and reloaded it and i was able to retrieve 2 more of the files but not the other 2. So i repeated the dump and reloaded them again, but no luck. It just does'nt make any sense. !3 of the 15 open....any more ideas????.....or do i need a really big hammer...kidding....may-be

I don't think your problem is with X3. It may be the disc you purchased from Laserbits. Or maybe the drive.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 04-17-2009 at 6:44 AM. Reason: add on
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Davies View Post
    hey mike...i dumped cdx3 and reloaded it and i was able to retrieve 2 more of the files but not the other 2. So i repeated the dump and reloaded them again, but no luck. It just does'nt make any sense. !3 of the 15 open....any more ideas????.....or do i need a really big hammer...kidding....may-be
    Are all the files .cdr's?
    Epilog 40W Mini24, Corel X8 (64-bit), and two big fire extinguishers.

Dale,

If you can open them on another system then try to open one that you are having problems with then save it to a jump drive and then bring it to the laptop and see if it opens correctly.
    Mike Mackenzie
    Sales and Service of Universal Laser Systems

Blog Entries
    Thank-you to all that help me with my corel problem. It wasn't resolved but i found a way of going around it. Awesome site...thank-you again

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Davies View Post
    It wasn't resolved but i found a way of going around it.
    Hi Dale,

Glad you figured out a work around but it would be nice if you could also post that process in case someone else has the same problem.

Some time in the future a search would return that a resolution was found but give no idea what it might be.
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

Blog Entries

Smile

great idea dave...sorry about that, blame it on the learning curve...the file was suppose to open up in photo paint where as 12 did but 3 wouldn't. So out of desperation a dragged it in cd and POOF it worked. But the reason why it wouldn't work will remain a mystery i guess....thanks again everyone!!!