Thread: Anyone ever repair Dust Collection Hose?

Anyone ever repair Dust Collection Hose?

Anyone ever successfully repair a dust collection hose?

I'm upgrading my DC to a Wynn canister filter and noticed a 1/2" gash in the 6" hose between the blower housing and the filter tree (that might explain why the shop is covered in fine dust)...

Picture.jpg

Since the hole is near the end, i can easily get to both sides of the hole. The hose is permanently mounted, so the repair doesnt necessarily need to be able to flex.

I thought about various fixes as simple as duct tape on the inside, to some kind of patching compound... anybody done this before? (just want to avoid having to purchase a 10ft section of 6" hose since i only need like 30in...

Thanks

Andy

Just replace it or get a vinyl repair kit like the ones that come with backyard pools, floats, inflatable toys, etc. There should be little pressure on that hose even with a fairly clogged filter.

Just clean it good and spread some RTV on it.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    If the hose is like mine the inside wall is pretty smooth. Its an exhaust hose right? Pressure from the inside, out? Clean the inside wall with with some lighter fuild or alcohol, lay a couple layers of duct tape over it and that should be good. I have a vac hose that I wrapped with silicon tape followed by duct tape as the pressure is from the outside in on that. Been almost 5 years and although not pretty, it is still going strong.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I had a small piece of wood go through mine. I fixed it with a vinyl glue for window frames. Steelmax gap filler and adhesive. Check with a local window company.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

duct tape for the win

That's why god gave us duct tape....
    David DeCristoforo