Thread: cabinet with fold out pegboard panels

Question cabinet with fold out pegboard panels

I am trying to maximize use of scarce wall space. Looking for plans for shop cabinet with fold out pegboard panels. I have seen these plans before but now I cannot locate (sound familiar?)

My idea is an 18-to-24 inch deep wall cabinet..........rearmost 10 inches configured with shelves for hand tools. Front 12 inches has multiple pegboard panels that fold out

Intend to hang on cleat with ledger support

I don't know if it is available anymore. But Wood Magazine puts out special publications from time to time, I think the one I am thinking of is something like Best Workshop ideas or something like that. The cover has a photo of the benchtop tool tower thing...

Yeah, real descriptive right?

Sorry, It's after midnight... I need to go to bed.

Found it, they call it the "Shop In A Box Tool Cabinet".
    http://www.woodstore.net/shtoca.html

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I thought this was a bang up idea... You get storage for finishes, or power tools on the inside, and pegboard for hangable tools or brushes or whatnot on the fold out door ish panels...
    Last edited by David Hostetler; 04-19-2009 at 1:30 AM.
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

Here's one from Fine Woodworking that I was impressed with and hope to modify for my needs once I get into my new shop.

http://store.taunton.com/onlinestore...et-011225.html
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Okay here's the details...

Wood Magazine Special Interest Publications.
    Best Ever Home Shop Ideas 2009
    Pages 70 - 74.

If you don't have it, it looks like Wood Magazine's online store is still selling it...
    http://www.woodstore.net/behoshid201.html

Good luck to you on that build if you decide to do it! Let us know how it works out. I need to do SOMETHING with my storage as well...

Quote Originally Posted by David Hostetler View Post
    Okay here's the details...

Wood Magazine Special Interest Publications.
    Best Ever Home Shop Ideas 2009
    Pages 70 - 74.

If you don't have it, it looks like Wood Magazine's online store is still selling it...
    http://www.woodstore.net/behoshid201.html

Good luck to you on that build if you decide to do it! Let us know how it works out. I need to do SOMETHING with my storage as well...

Thanks David, it looks like that magazine will have a lot of useful ideas. I am bound and determined that I am going to have an organized and clean workshop. No more projects for me until my workshop is not a disaster area.

I would NOT suggest making THAT particular vow... If you are like me, you'll never get anything done!

One thing I have learned...

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Mac View Post
    I am bound and determined that I am going to have an organized and clean workshop. No more projects for me until my workshop is not a disaster area.
    ...and even do sometimes, is to stop half an hour before I otherwise would stop and clean up.

Way too often, I'm flinging stuff into the shop to get it out of the yard, no time to do it right because it's almost dinner time.

I just have to make it a priority and make sure everything has a place, and then stop and clean. And making a few of these cabinets will go a long way towards giving everything in my shop a place.

And then I can install a cyclone and keep everything a little less dusty

Blog Entries
    I've always liked the look of the one David shows from Wood Mag. I also like this one for tight spots from The Complete Small Shop by August Home Pubs.

pegboard-storage-LGE.JPG

The outer door has two sides, the inner door has two sides and the back wall could be pegboarded (is that a word?) too. 22 square feet of pegboard in 6 square feet of wall space. Not a bad deal.
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 04-20-2009 at 11:24 PM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Blog Entries
    I made the one Glenn refers to in The Complete Home Workshop... works great, I'm very happy with it & it was easy to build
    Dennis

I ordered the mag David linked to. Once I get it, I am going to build that cabinet, I will post pictures and let everyone know how it went.

That mag is bad news.... 3 of the 6 incomplete projects in my shop are from that magazine!

I am building one of those swing out cabinets, 2 versa cabs, and I abandoned the benchtop tool system but might pick it back up... Long story on that one.