Thread: Worksharp 2000 knife sharpener

Worksharp 2000 knife sharpener

I got the Worksharp 2000 knife sharpener today and I like it. I can do just as good with my stones and ceramic sticks but it take a lot longer.

Attaching is very easy, just slip it into the fittings were the tool rest goes. There are two allen screws that you adjust to set the height and that is about it. To change belts you just pull the cover off and take the belt off, put the new one on and put the cover back, its that easy.

Using it is really easy, they have 2 magnets that hold the blade at the right angle, one on each side, just pull the blade down and thats it.

I used the 220 to do the main sharpening and then went to the 3600 to finish. I was not real happy with the 3600. I resharpened it with the 220 and then just use my ceramic sticks and that worked out for me better.

I got the wife to come to the shop with 2 of her kitchen knives and had her try it, she did it just fine and now she can sharpen her knives when ever she needs to. Again she used the 220 and then a few swipes on the ceramic sticks and they were ready to go.

Is it worth $34, well I think so, if for nothing else I don't have to sharpen the wife's kitchen knives any more, she can do it. Its quick and easy that is a big plus.

Bottom line I am happy with it.

https://www.worksharptools.com/product.asp?specific=154

KN-Hero-shot.jpg

Bill,
    Fine review~! Some great selling points I think. Sharp tools are safer...even in the kitchen! Heck...especially in the kitchen
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"