Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: any other NBA fans? playoff thread!

so i guess this is where the pundits finally get to be right, where they trade the next few games and the lakers win in 6.

if courtney lee could make game winning layups maybe it's a different story

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Clayton View Post
    so i guess this is where the pundits finally get to be right, where they trade the next few games and the lakers win in 6.
    Overheard conversation:
    "Obama picked the Lakers to win in 6."
    "Obama actually thinks the Lakers will lose two games?!?"
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

The Lakers are playing well but Orlando is shooting uncharacteristically poor. Kobe is good...great in fact. I don't really like or hate him (loved the puppet commercials, however...they need a DHoward puppet now, I guess...maybe a 'Melo one?! ) but there is no question that he can take over a game and fire his team up and make them better. I loved the block Turkoglu put on him near the end of the game but it was such a shame Lee couldn't finish...that would've been on par with LeBron's "not-so-great-in-the-overall-scheme-of-things" great 3.

Later, Lee said his main thought was that the ball seemed to take forever to make its way out of the sky and into his hands.

Later, Bryant said his main thought was: "s---."
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

The sudden onset of inevitability

Anybody else notice how quiet this thread got once the Lakers started playing like the Lakers?

Congrats to Phil, Kobe, Pau, Lamar, Derek, Drew, Trevor, Luke, Jordan, Sasha, Josh, DJ, and Shannon.
    (And a tip of the hat to Mitch for keeping it together when the wheels tried to come off a couple years back.)
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

The Lakers are the Champs and rightfully so. I was pulling for Orlando, of course, but at least I can say Denver was beaten by the eventual champs (like in past post-seasons, actually) and that kinda/sorta helps....

Okay, now onto BASEBALL and my Rockies having a nice fat juicy 11-game winning streak that has pulled to 1 game within .500. I had about written them off this season but they are doing their "September 2007" run a bit early this season!

Of course, there is ANOTHER pesky Los Angeles team cramping things up again.... hahaha...can't get away from them it seems with me being a Colorado sports nut....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    Anybody else notice how quiet this thread got once the Lakers started playing like the Lakers?

Congrats to Phil, Kobe, Pau, Lamar, Derek, Drew, Trevor, Luke, Jordan, Sasha, Josh, DJ, and Shannon.
    (And a tip of the hat to Mitch for keeping it together when the wheels tried to come off a couple years back.)
    well i cheer for the underdog like most do . that and my hornets were a huge disappointment this year due to james posey not working out.

but being from little rock, derek fisher is a local product so i'm not a huge laker hater either like alot of folks are.

they won it with smarts and defense, so they absolutely deserve it. i'm not a big kobe hater either, actually kinda glad that the media monkey is off of his back. i think alot of that blame for shaq leaving was him being thrown under the bus by the team's management.

Seems like every major sport has one team that attracts the bandwagon fans. Yankees, Cowboys and Lakers.

Laker fans are no more visible than your ordinary fan when they aren't in the hunt or winning a championship. But when they do win two things are guaranteed; there will be civil unrest in LA and you won't be able to avoid purple and gold.

I wouldn't have a problem if the bandwagoners would just cop to it and admit they are front runners, but they all claim to be lifelong fans.

Anyway, the Lakers played well and definitely earned the championship. Orlando had a great season too.

On to next season.
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.