Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: any other NBA fans? playoff thread!

Billups, The General, leading again...31 last night. I honestly thought NO would be able to shut him down a little bit but he simply did other things and still got his points. I don't think anyone on the Hornets can guard Billups.

Melo had a quiet 22 points but 9 assists so nearly a double-double. The Nuggets are looking good...very exciting basketball in Denver! Now on to New Orleans for the next 2...we should split and come home to take round 1.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

the hornets struggled with detroit when chauncey was there for the same reason. he's too big for CP3 to guard, if they put CP3 on him they'll just post him. and the hornets lack a consistent 2 guard.

The Lakers are (as usual) playing down to their competition.

This is probably a good thing: if they actually played up to their potential, most of their games would be pretty boring.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I didn't cath the LA/UT game until the very end but it was nice to see UT at least get one win. Like most teams, LA struggles at the Salt Palace but Kobe did get a shot off at the end...just wasn't very close.

The Mavs showed up all at the same time for a change...question is: Can they make that the norm, or will it be 2 on 8 off again? Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Wow...how about that PASTING the Nuggets put on CP3 and Co...in NO!

121-63...a 58 point win.

I feel pretty comfortable that the Nuggets will get the 5-6 year monkey off their backs about being one and done in the first round of the NBA playoffs.

LA moved on and while they are good...very good...they aren't perfect either and can give up large leads.

yeah, and despite the huge loss, there are bigger fish to fry in new orleans.

tyson chandler and peja sojakovic are decent on paper, but not playoff caliber players, and they're due to make huge money next year so the hornets will have trouble dealing them off.

david west and CP3 are the only players on the floor on any given night that should be starting in the NBA playoffs.

last year janeiro pargo and julian wright helped quite a bit on the second string, but pargo is gone to play in europe and julian wright read too much into his own success, he's actually devolved since his rookie year.

if i were the lakers i'd be scared of the nuggets at this point. lamar odom can't keep up with melo every night. birdman will give pau gasol trouble. and while derek fisher is more chauncey's size and can guard him, i don't know if he can do it for 7 games either.
    Last edited by Neal Clayton; 04-28-2009 at 3:39 PM.

So the Nuggets, assuming they win the series tonight in Denver, will face Dallas in the 2nd round.

The Nuggets were 4-0 over the regular season facing Dallas so I like our odds. None of the wins were HUGE and Dallas had some starters out for a couple of the games as did the Nuggets but we took 'em all regardless.

Chauncey has the Nuggets focused...pure and simple.

Denver is playing some inspired ball right now. So is Dallas.

Sure San Antonio is beat up, sore and missing Manu, but the Spurs are a veteran team and they know how to win in the playoffs. They didn't hand the series to Dallas.

I think Denver and Dallas will be an interesting matchup. Kidd and Billups will be fun to watch.

Blazers pulled out an impressive win last night. Aside from the first game, Portland has played Houston tough. The teams are pretty evenly matched.

And Rondo should have been called for a flagrant at the end of last nights game. Just plain dirty. If that had happened on a play ground there would be some serious problems. That kind of play doesn't belong in the game. Boston has made a living out of stuff like that. Go Chicago.
    Measure twice, cut three times, start over. Repeat as necessary.

neither does the dwight howard elbow. thankfully the league stepped up and gave him a game off for that one.

Whoo-hoo! Denver's 5-6 year monkey is off their back.

Now they can relax and squash the Mavericks in round 2!

Sunday can get here fast enough.

lol @ kenny smith with the "i'm gonna get a machine gun full of tic-tacs" thing aimed at barkley

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Padilla View Post
    Whoo-hoo! Denver's 5-6 year monkey is off their back.

Now they can relax and squash the Mavericks in round 2!

Sunday can get here fast enough.

Although the Mavs have had problems with both Denver and N.O. this year, I'm personally glad Denver is our opponent. And I personally feel that Sunday CAN'T get here fast enough. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

I sorta typo'ed the "can" in my original post!

Of course, I meant "can't" get here fast enough!