Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: any other NBA fans? playoff thread!

Well, Denver is down 0-1 but I was proud of what they did. Yes, it hurts that they should have won but they haven't beaten the Lakers in LA in was seems like centuries and they played very well. The Nuggets can hang with the Lakers, period.

Looking forward to Game 2.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

that's about the most positive loss you can have, imo.

they led for 3/4 of the game. melo outplayed kobe on both ends of the floor. if not for missed free throws (a simple thing that won't happen often) they win that game easily.

if i'm the nuggets, i'm encouraged by that loss, to be honest.

I are encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Clayton View Post
    that's about the most positive loss you can have, imo.

they led for 3/4 of the game. melo outplayed kobe on both ends of the floor. if not for missed free throws (a simple thing that won't happen often) they win that game easily.

if i'm the nuggets, i'm encouraged by that loss, to be honest.
    Well, that's certainly one way of looking at it...
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

called it

unless lebron can score 50 a night, cleveland can't beat orlando.

C'mon, that was a close game, Neal!! However, I'm happy to see Cleveland FINALLY get a real team to play and they even lost at home: icing on the cake! They'll have some competition to make 'em play and it should be a good series.

Oooooh, tonight, tonight...I can barely concentrate at work....

yes and the others will be close too, but everyone seems to forget that mike brown is incompetent.

the whole point of home court advantage is having last sub. when dwight howard is chuckling on the bench about fouling out (again) and orlando replaces him with a shooter, it's pretty obvious that they're going for the three, not the tie. they don't want to play overtime with howard out.

so what does mike brown do? leaves ilgauskas and varejao in, who can't possibly match up with all of those shooters on the floor.

and after he blows the defensive possession, what master plan does he have for the offensive possession? oh wait, no master plan, iso lebron let him drive the lane against three guys, just like the rest of the game.

lebron scored half of his teams points and drained himself to the point of not being able to walk off the court all for mike brown to lose the game in the last 25 seconds.

i'll bet he was thinking to himself the whole time "can't wait to get out of here, how long til i'm a free agent again?" .

LOL...nice analysis! Due to my wife recording American Idol, I ended up missing the 4th quarter of the Orl/Cle game!! However, my bad, really, I was recording it on "her" TV instead of "my" TV (we have two plasmas...each with its own DVR) so I should've known better....

it was like watching a train wreck, i'll bet, if you're a lebron or cleveland fan.

lebron got a steal and a breakaway dunk to put the cavs up by 2 with 25 seconds left due to inbound confusion, and howard fouls out about the same time. when they replace howard with petrius mike brown completely misses that fact and leaves his two centers in.

rashard lewis knocks down the three because varejao can't keep up with him, and the cavs have 15 seconds left to hit the game winner. they spend 10 of that with lebron dribbling in front of a double team by himself, then he beats those two guys but can't beat the third guy, so passes off to mo williams in the corner, who misses a three right on cue. everyone fights over the rebound as time runs out.

i gotta think mike brown is someone's brother in law or cousin or something. there's no way he has kept his job all these years otherwise.

and it would be different if this were a rare occurrence. everyone makes mistakes, no big deal, burn a time out and straighten it out, that's part of coaching.

but mike brown makes these mistakes all the time.

and to give credit where it's due, reggie miller and barkley pointed out the obvious in the post game, for those who didn't notice it while watching. ESPN doesn't dare say a negative word about any NBA coach or star player on the other hand. i really wish all of these games were on TNT .
    Last edited by Neal Clayton; 05-21-2009 at 1:41 PM.

I love Barkley...he tells it like it is...no PC about him!

Oh, yeah!!! 1-1, Baby!!

and everyone will be on the edge of their seats waiting to see how the lakers play in denver.

traditionally kobe and derek fisher can play well on the road from behind, but what about all those role players the lakers have....

man i had photoshop fired up with a perfect broom pic and one of those witness T-shirts getting ready to go to work, and lebron ruined it

Hello,
    it was like watching a train wreck, i'll bet, if you're a lebron or cleveland fan.
    Pfffft! Hardly.
    We're used to that sort of thing - snatching defeat from the jaws of victory - here in NE Ohio.

The drive - the fumble - the ball through the legs in the bottom of the ninth -, etc, etc.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon