Thread: Web Site Pics

Web Site Pics

Would any of you be happy to give me some pics so I can get my website up and running.

I'm looking for Engraved Acrylics, Aluma Mark, Frosts etc etc any engraved phones, ipods, laptops. boating signs, mining signs, any corporate stuff, pen boxes, pens & name badges, circuit boards. Or anything you make like to throw in.

As time goes on I should have my own work to display but at this stage I'm in need of some display material. My suppliers have helped with some pics.

Thanks in advance.

Ian

Ian,

Feel free to use any photo I have posted on here.....except for my black granite.marble ones.....those are too embarrasing!!!
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Same here Ian if I post it, it's for the community at large to use !

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SKYPE# : CLASSICMARINE1

You can also hit on some of the suppliers. JDS offers images from their catalog, they even have an FTP site where you can download them in high or low resolutions.
    Bill Jermyn
    Waterloo Engraving
    Kitchener, ON
    Epilog Legend 32EX 75 Watt, Corel X3, Photograv, Wacom Intuos 3 6X8 graphics tablet

Laserbits has a whole CD of pictures pretty cheap.

http://www.laserbits.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=783
    Last edited by Anthony Scira; 04-22-2009 at 10:01 AM. Reason: added info
    Epilog Helix 45
    Corel Draw X7
    Stepcraft 840 CNC
    Fully outfitted woodshop
    I'm a PC...........

Ian,

I'm sorry, but I'm of the opinion that anything you use as a display on your website should actually be YOUR work. It's dishonest to show someone else's work and allow the customers to assume you have done it or can replicate it, especially since you are new to the business and might not be able to produce the same quality as your website shows. That goes for design work, layout, illustration, photo prep and laser skill with various materials as well.

Unless you are simply showing work for people to see, and make clear that you are not selling anything, I would discourage you from using other people's work, no matter whether they approve or not. As we have all learned here, just because someone can do it well does not mean you will be able to without a lot more practice. (look at Frank Corker's work and then look at the majority of the rest of us!)

I'm not trying to be mean, but this looks like a failure in the making to me, when your customers then expect you to produce what they see and you can't. That's no way to build a business. Make some samples of your own and be proud of them.

cheers, dee
    Last edited by Dee Gallo; 04-22-2009 at 10:27 AM.
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Blog Entries
    I'm in agreement with Dee to a certain point. If the idea is to showcase options for clients, such as what awards you can engrave on, the using pictures from the companies directly seems valid. However, if you're trying to showcase edge-lit acrylic displays, photographs on marble, or trying to convince potential clients you can manufacture custom awards, using someone else's work would be considered by many dishonest (and I'm not talking about getting permission from the picture's owner, I'm talking about the client). I've come across some growing LED sign companies that showcase "their" work on their webpage... only to find out after some searching it was actually lifted from another page, or they took a picture of someone else's jobsite.

Tread lightly with this one...
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

I agree with you Dee.
    But I would use suppliers photos (if allowed) for blank displays to show a product that I offer before it is etched (glasses, plaques, clocks, etc.). As for the final engraved product, I would use my own.
    Jim

On my website , albeit I have a zillion pics of my own work , I did "lift" some pics from my laser suppliers site and of some other suppliers for items or processes I havent made myself but are possible with the machines I have...to show those that visit what is possible. Some of the categories I have done work but have not taken pics of it.
    I don't feel its dishonest ..I did ask permission

www.tokerbros.co.za .......Im listing the site so you can see ...Im way too far away from anyone else here for it to be construed as advertising on sawmill.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

I tend to agree with Dee although I link to a suppliers catalog for awards all other things on my site are mine.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Dear Creekers,

Thanks for your reply, suggestions and offerings.

Point taken Re Other peoples pics....just trying to Fast track but will stick with suppliers material only and add my works as they are completed.

Regards,

Ian