Thread: Console for Home Theater

Console for Home Theater

I just finished this up. Boy did it tax the limits of my small basement shop. It is all cherry finished with BLO then garnet shellac the target USL satin. There are a few mistakes and my first time doing drawers. I got the plans from FWW Oct 200 issue 200

Thanks for looking
    Mike

Came out great, Mike. Love that cherry. Super finishing job as far as I can see. I can relate on the small shop issue. I can hardly get into mine anymore. So I'm reduced to doing small decorative boxes until I can either free up space or take over the family room.

Looks great, Mike. I've got a top working for a computer desk-hutch and guessed at the thickness. The QSWO desk is 62" long and I went with 1 1/4". I just laid the last coat of finish and haven't set the top on the desk yet but.. I hope it looks as proportianate as your top. I'm guessing you used 1 1/4" - to 1 1/2" from the looks?

Did you have fun with those "first" drawers?

Sarge..

John

yeah it was loads of fun doing the drawers. The top is only 1" thick attached to the plywood.

Thanks for the thickness... my final coat of top finish is dry and I just sat the top on the desk. The 1 1/4" was a good guess.

Keep up the good work...

Sarge..

Just don't tell anyone where the mistakes are, and with a piece that looks that stunning, they'll never be seen. Great work!

Wait until that cherry gets it's nice, darker color from age!

Your cabinet looks very nice.
    what is the size of the middle section? It seams a bit small to put in any kind of electronics, most electronics are about 17-17 1/2" wide so having about 19-20" gives enough room for air circulation.

Luis

the inside of the center is 19 1/2" wide. I have the components in it now and they fit great. With it being open in the from and a very big opening in the back should not have to worry too much about the heat.

Looks great Mike.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

That's one of the better designs I've seen. I like it very much. The cherry drawer fronts look good. I'll probably try to copy it later this year.

kevin

If you do not have the FWW magazine I do have the plans on a pdf file I can send you.