Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A teeny little drawknife I made

George,

I had to go back and read the posts again, I think that I'm the only Bob that posted.

I will keep the blade to six inches or shorter. I'm sure that in forging the cutting edge, I will incure some twisting. I don't want to get hung up for 20 minutes trying to fix an OOPS, so the blades will be short.

I got to practice turning the handles, The wood will be common to Illinois.

Not every person who attends a demo is really interested in that exact project, but most are interested in the various techiques. It will be a hammer and anvil thing, no flypress or trip hammer. Yes, I guess it will be kind of a Neander thing.

BTW, George, I was given a bunch of VCR tapes. One of them was a Roy Underhill tape on planes (1982). Did I see one of your beautiful brass bodied planes from the music shop in Roy's hand?

Bob

Hi,Bob.I have no idea about the brass plane in the VCR. Roy did do a show in the instrument shop,but it was many years ago.I can't remember what we covered.

Lil' Draw Knife

Thanks to George for his inspiration, I've start making a small draw knife.

I've got a good start, and a ways to go. The handles are scrap walnut.

Bob Haverstock
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bob,it is good to see that you have made something from inspiration. That is actually the best outcome from having posted something.