Thread: Finch Birdhouse

Finch Birdhouse

This is my first attempt at a functional birdhouse. The body is staved construction and the top is basically a bowl. It's made of ash for the roof, cocobolo for the perch, mahogany for the bottom, and unknown for the staves. Total height is about 6.5" and the width is 7.5". Critiques are welcome. Thanks for looking!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks pretty good to me Joe! Nice form - both decorative and functional. Looks like you have it sealed pretty good also! Let us know if you get any tenants!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Thumbs up

Great little bird houses
    Are they for show, or are you going to hang them outside and see if you will have some renters?

Terry

4. Joe
    Very nice birdhouses. You did a great job, keep it up. I made a whole bunch of birdhouses last year and still enjoy making them. Mitch

Joe,
    Come back and update this thread with a pic of the inhabitants of you get a chance
    Last edited by Dewey Torres; 04-26-2009 at 2:52 PM.
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

Good looking birdhouses!
    Allen
    The good Lord didn't create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.
    And.... I'm located just 1,075 miles SW of Steve Schlumpf.

A Question

Joe,

Nice looking birdhouse. I've a question regarding construction details: Did you make the top or bottom removable for cleaning? If so, how?

Nice looking work, the real critique will come from the birds.

We were discussing making some for rent too!

Joe, It is neat that you made a birdhouse that can be really used! Fellow creeker Mike Svoma and I were talking about making some last week! It rained all day here in WI so the birds would have like a nice dry place to lay low!

Great job!

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Looks good to me. The finches should like it.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Are they for show, or are you going to hang them outside and see if you will have some renters?
    This is going outside as soon as the last coat of spar urethane dries.

Did you make the top or bottom removable for cleaning? If so, how?
    Not yet. The bottom was supposed to be screwed on but I didn't have anything thick enough. After this season is over, I'll use a hole saw and screw on a new bottom.