Thread: Nice piece of scrap....

Blog Entries

Nice piece of scrap....

Sometimes you run across a piece of wood that is a work of art in and of itself.... This piece of "scrap" cocobolo caught my eye and deserved a little TLC.... I just wrapped it with a thin strip of ebony, put a picture frame hanger in the back and lacquered it up....

Yeah sometimes you see a piece of wood that is really a natural work of art and deserves to be displayed as such. Cocobolo can be so wild.

Ed, Ed Ed, ...

You and your love for wood! You found the one place (the Creek) to share that with folks who won't call you crazy! Nice wood baby!
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

Andy Rooney (60 minutes news show) once mentioned that he thought that some of his lumber was to beautiful to cut and he would be just as happy putting a finish on the boards and mounting them on the wall!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sallee View Post
    .... and lacquered it up....
    Had some friends that used to do that on weekends!!

Ed, you picked a well deserving piece, but I see a trend starting here. This could effect your woodworking. Doug may be on to something with the Andy Rooney comment, and I would hate to see you quit making boxes just because the wood was too beautiful