Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need new Dust Bag

I'd go for the less expensive one because it has more surface are, but if you think that you may need to clean it a real lot then the other is washable. Use a pre seperator such as Thien, and don't let the filter plug, then all you should ever have to do is take the filter outside and blow it out.

Good Luck,
    Jimmy

I had the paper one on my HF and it was fine - I'm going the other route this time. For the $44 difference I think the ability to rinse it off is big since I use MDF sometimes and that crap I want off my filters in the easiest way possible.

I used an air hose on the old paper cartridge one time .... I looked like a racoon when done.
    Just rap on it and then a hose off outside and I'm hoping with the spun version that'll do the trick
    Last edited by Joel Earl; 05-05-2009 at 3:32 PM.

I got the 35A100SBOL for good reason. Washable. The paper filter is good too, but cannot be washed. I can see using my spun bond for years and years without having to worry about it...

From what I read on his site, both pass Bill Pentz' sniff test as it were...
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

David --- how many times you washed yours off? Assume it dries out fast ???? - some air blown on it and that is about all it takes??
    Thanks

Who else makes cartridge filters that will work for me?? Has anyone modified a DELTA or Jett filter??

Other than Wynn and the DC manufacturers themselves most say the options are the numerous specialty distibuters like Grainger, etc
    From the searching I had done a few years back Wynn by far was the best for less.

Google around - some have used truck filtration cartridges they placed within home concocted framing and housing. I can't imagine they saved much tho and I have no clue as to effectiveness of these either. I'm too lazy to try to reinvent the wheel I guess

I got the...

35A100SBOL
    $147.00 each
    (1) Filter #35A100SBOL
    17.5” x 23”
    Open-Closed
    100 Sq. Ft. of 100% Spun Bond Polyester
    99.995% efficient at 1.0 micron and above
    Washable

In talking with Wynn, the difference in 1.0 micron and .5 micron ratings was in the independent test lab methodology used. They are both more or less the same filtering capacity... Of course that could be pure hogwash since they didn't put it in print... Either way, Bill Pentz worked with Wynn, and recommends the Spun Bond on his web site. As OCD as he is about dust control, that is good enough for me!

The fact that it can be washed and reused over and over again was for me the tipping point. Save me money, and frustration in the long run.
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

I bought my AFF for my Delta 850 years ago and its till cooking! The bags are bullet proof and work very well. In all the years I have had them I have taken the top bag outside in the yard, turn it inside out and shook the ... out it. I think I paid about $175 for the pair.
    If sawdust were gold, I'd be rich!

Byron Trantham
    Fredericksburg, VA
    WUD WKR1