Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Epilog Rotary Attachment

I took my auto focus of a couple years ago.
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290

Hi guys.... it was rotary. If you look carefully, you will see part of Anthony's last name farther down on the toothpick. It was done on the ULS I have, no galvos! And, it is wrapped around the toothpick. The only thing I did was adapt a very small chuck to my rotary attachment. You can see it here:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ight=toothpick

The chucks are commonly used on very small lathes. Even cheaper would be a replacement drill chuck. The ULS has a 1/4" diameter shaft on the stepper shaft, so it is easy to adapt.

You need to persuade the software to accept the diameter, since ULS only built it to accept about 3/8" at a minimum. A distortion of the image is all it takes.

Regards, Mark
    ULS X-2 660, Corel X3, Haas VF4, Graphtec vinyl cutter, Xenetech rotaries (3), Dahlgren Tables, Gorton P2-3, New Hermes pantographs (2), and recently, 24" x 36" chinese router. Also do sublimation, sand blasting, & metal photo. Engraver since 1975.

Mark, that's a great solution, would prevent slipping too. I hope Epilog is paying attention to this!

Dave
    Epilog 35 W 12x24
    Adobe Illustrator
    Dell PC

Thanks for the explanation Mark......now I just need to wait for an attachment for an Epilog rotary to be developed. So Dave, what are you doing this week?
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw