Thread: Air Filtration System-Seeking Oxygen Enriched Sawdust Advice

Air Filtration System-Seeking Oxygen Enriched Sawdust Advice

Hi All,
    Seeking info/recommendations/opinions on an Air Filtration system for my 24x24x9 shop.

Been looking at Jet's AFS-1000B, but saw they brought out a smaller unit, the AFS-400 for about $200 ($130 less than the 1000).
    Both seem to have the same spec for size of shop, but definitely differ in CFM's; and, physical size of the unit. 400 seems to have less filters also.

I'm a part-time shop user (2-3 hrs a day week/8 hrs a day weekends), but having tried to breath sawdust instead of Oxygen, determined that it doesn't work!

I like the size of the 400, but can't believe it would do the job? Has gotten good reviews on Amazon though.

Also, realize there are some other options out there, so open to anything. Is Grizzly an option? Want to keep cost around the max of the 1000B unit (about $330).

Thanks for any input!

Don
    Last edited by Don Brubaker; 05-05-2009 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Corrected Jet Model number
    I am both an Architect & Woodworker .......
    As Architect, I don't make mistakes .... I plant vines;
    As Woodworker, I don't make mistakes .... I "meant" it to be that way;
    Then there are some of my clients that are Doctors ...... they get to bury their mistakes.

Hi Don, do you have primary dust collection in your shop? (Collecting at the source).

Regards, Rod.

Yes and No. Have a Jet Dust Collector, but not hooked up since moved. Use infrequently, but it actually causes the fine stuff to move about more than if I don't use it since is has just the old style cloth bag filter on top.
    Finding that using one of Oneida's new cyclone things on the shop vac works better than the big Jet, even for Table Saw and Planer. But, don't always use since my shop use is off and on.

Dust collector hook-up isn't an option at this point due to various reasons, so hanging air infiltration is the interim quick "half fix".

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Hi Don, do you have primary dust collection in your shop? (Collecting at the source).

Regards, Rod.
    I am both an Architect & Woodworker .......
    As Architect, I don't make mistakes .... I plant vines;
    As Woodworker, I don't make mistakes .... I "meant" it to be that way;
    Then there are some of my clients that are Doctors ...... they get to bury their mistakes.