Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lowe's Clearance Delta Items

Lowe's Clearance Delta Items

Lowe's is clearancing a bunch of delta stuff..

13" Planer 22-580 229$
    12" Mitre Saw 36-255 229$ (Twin Laser one)
    16" Drill Press (floor) 229$ (I think maybe less)
    12" Bandsaw 219$
    Delta Midi Lathe 169$
    Delta bench shaper 129$ (very few available)

Plus other stuff too..... quite a deal. Don't know about other Lowe's but my Lowe's in Kalamazoo had Wilton 5,6,& 8" machinist vises on the cleance table for 30-40$ .. I got an 8" for 40$ same price as the 6" but unmarked so dept mgr gave it to me for 6" price. They also had one Wilton tilt-face wood type vice for 30$ but I am not sure that is part of clearance or not.

The Mitre Saw is the the twin laser 12" .. which I just bought 2 months ago from Amazon for 274$ (299 w/25$ discount) ... I am not to happy--I should of waited, but such is life, it came in handy last week. Check Lowe's out if you are in need...
    Mike-in-Michigan (Richland that is) <br> "We never lack opportunity, the trouble is many don't recognize an opportunity when they see it, mostly because it usually comes dressed in work clothes...."

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Cody
    Lowe's is clearancing a bunch of delta stuff..

13" Planer 22-580 229$
    12" Mitre Saw 36-255 229$ (Twin Laser one)
    16" Drill Press (floor) 229$ (I think maybe less)
    12" Bandsaw 219$
    Delta Midi Lathe 169$
    Delta bench shaper 129$ (very few available)

Plus other stuff too..... quite a deal. Don't know about other Lowe's but my Lowe's in Kalamazoo had Wilton 5,6,& 8" machinist vises on the cleance table for 30-40$ .. I got an 8" for 40$ same price as the 6" but unmarked so dept mgr gave it to me for 6" price. They also had one Wilton tilt-face wood type vice for 30$ but I am not sure that is part of clearance or not.

The Mitre Saw is the the twin laser 12" .. which I just bought 2 months ago from Amazon for 274$ (299 w/25$ discount) ... I am not to happy--I should of waited, but such is life, it came in handy last week. Check Lowe's out if you are in need...
    Yep, bought the planer myself, don't need it since I've got a Ridgid already, but that was irresistable. Woulda bought the twinlaser, too, except I had just bought a Makita LS1221 CMS that they're closing out for $209. Also the TS350 is down from $397 to $259.

Mike,

Thanks for posting!! I read your post and got all excited - ran right over and bought the planer - now, only the display is left. Blew my tool budget, but at that price I can't afford to pass it up! I'll have to lay low until Christmas (OK, really until next year some time), but I've been on the lookout for planer for a while now.

Thanks again - seriously, I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about the close-out.

Wes - about to go play with my new toy!

Mike,

Do you like the Twin Laser CMS?

I have been looking at laser SMCS's but I haven't decided yet. I may just get my dad's old Craftsman RAS sometime soon since he hasn't even used it at all in the last 6 or 8 years. Oh well...decisions, decisions....
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Dennis,

I own the Delta's twin...the PC does a great job and is dead on accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Heppeard
    I own the Delta's twin...the PC does a great job and is dead on accurate.
    Yea, if I hadn't already "exceeded my quota" this month, I'd run right down to Lowes to try and scarf one of the twin laser miter saws...should be a drop-in replacement for my current Delta 12" CMS from what I can tell. I've been wanting one of those since I first saw both the PC and Delta at IWF two years go.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Peacock
    Mike,

Do you like the Twin Laser CMS?

I have been looking at laser SMCS's but I haven't decided yet. I may just get my dad's old Craftsman RAS sometime soon since he hasn't even used it at all in the last 6 or 8 years. Oh well...decisions, decisions....

Dennis for 3-4 times I've used it so far, yeah it's pretty cool. I sold my 8.5" Hitachi Slider because I needed the room and I mostly only use the CMS for trim & woodworking stuff so I didn't need the extra slider capacity. The sucker was dead on out of the box .. lasers are slick makes it a lot easier to line up the cut.. Have to admit it's sorta nice and helps my old eyes out finding the line. First few cuts I still sneaked up on the mark but I've gotten confidence now and the last project (trimming out my utility room remodel that been going on for about 1.5 years, or 15 if you ask my wife, but it's done now) ... I just cut on the illuminated line and it worked slick as could be. It's faster too on the cuts which with the speed I work is not a big deal but on a big job it would save a lot of time I suspect.
    Mike-in-Michigan (Richland that is) <br> "We never lack opportunity, the trouble is many don't recognize an opportunity when they see it, mostly because it usually comes dressed in work clothes...."

Hi guys....I'm about to die to go into town and pick up a 22-580 planer. But with the sale of Pentair, if these prices are a product of B&D getting rid of certain models that compete with the Dewalt planers, what do you guys think that future parts availability will be like? This is a great price that I really don't want to pass up, even though I'm not sure how much I will use it for a while. I know it is a good unit with a very good track record, and few problems....but you never know about the future. Anybody have any guesses/ideas on parts availability? Thanks! Jim.

I think it's premature to assume that B&D would drop products from the PC and/or Delta line that compete with Dewalt. Why shed things from brands that have been aquired (as the Dewalt name was, too), especially when no matter which color the end consumer buys, B&D gets the money! More likely, Lowes is doing the same as that other big box and shedding name brands that they no longer wish to carry that compete with their house brand.

BTW, Pentair was not sold. Pentair sold their tool division to B&D, which includes the Delta, PC and Devibliss brands. Pentair continues in their core business which is not tool oriented--they just shed a non-core business which is a popular thing these days for big enterprises to do.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Jim O.

I talked to the guy at Lowes (at 9:45 last night he didn't have much to do) about the close-out. He said (and I know this to be true from my previous employer) if there isn't enough "churn" (number sold) on an item, they close it out and move something else onto the shelf.
    The accounting types have it figured that each product (SKU) needs to sell so many pieces per month to meet their profit expectations. If it doesn't, then it is not meeting the profit potential for that shelf space and must be moved for something that will.
    The planer I bought had a thick layer of dust on the box (more like a blanket of dust bunnies) - so it had been sitting for some time. I suspect the 55-280 is misplaced in Lowes - the contractors go for the DeWalt (brand and portability are the drivers), and the hobbiests go for the 12" Delta (price driven). Just my take on it since the 55-280 was the only planer on close-out.

I'm not too worried about parts since the planer is well established in the market and has been a proven winner - besides, the price was right . I'm sure there will be some fall-out from the merger, but more than likely it will be a better definition of the different brands i.e. right now DeWalt = contractor grade and B&D = consumer grade.

FWIW,
    Wes

All right, I did it. I went ahead and did it. 22-580 for 229.00 plus tax. On the way to the check out, the tool guy (young man-very, VERY helpful) was wheeling it on a dolly for me, and I said that I only wished my 10% coupon I applied for in May had come. He said "No problem. We'll take 10% off" WOW!! There was a guy in line behind me with a Delta saw, probably a miter saw from the box size, asked if the planer was on sale. We talked about the price, and the normal price and that there was one boxed one left, He took it! Interesting, this Lowes didn't have the sale prices posted like the other one I was in last night. I bet the he didnt know the saw was on sale also, but I bet it rang up at the sale price. Mine did.
    My wife thinks I'm crazy, but life is good! Jim.
    Last edited by Jim O'Dell; 08-08-2004 at 4:36 PM.

Just got back from one of the local Lowes. Picked up the Midi Lathe. Now I have to start learning about making pens. Ken?

Thanks for the post Michael. I now have the planer in my trophy case, err, garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Haney
    Thanks for the post Michael. I now have the planer in my trophy case, err, garage.
    Trophy case I can understand, but out in the garage?...on it's first night in a new home? Mine is here in the computer room with me and the 2 PC routers I've bought this year and not used yet!!! OK, so I've moved and have too much to do to get everything set up in my new shop. Like finishing the LOML's studio. I still have a pass through to cut in the wall to her studio suite, bathroom to finish up, and a door to hang. Then, MAYBE, I can got to work on the shop. Enjoy the new addition. Jim.

Scored the twin-laser CMS on the way to work today. Hmmm, does this forum save me money or cost me money ?
    Either way, the timing is good as I am currently building a miter saw station and didn't want to design it around my low end non-compound MS. Please let me know if anyone puts 12" Forrest Chopmaster on sale.

Jay
    Jay St. Peter