Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tablesaw outfeed worksurface ideas

Probably not what you're looking for, but others may find this useful -- see the New Yankee Workshop "Assembly Table" (Work Table and Clamp Cart - Item #0207).
    www.newyankee.com/getproduct.php?0207

I sized the table to fit my needs & available shop-space. It has routed oversized miter gauge slots & a 1/4 tempered Masonite top. I routed the miter gauge slots slightly oversized so it would be easier to return the table to its position @ the rear of the saw w/o too much trouble.

The table's folding wheel design allows the table to securely sit on it s 4 legs. Lower the wheels & it moves about easily. I also installed some heavy duty legs levelers -- Rockler item # 81239: www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=2053 .

It is relatively easy to raise the table to turn it or move it about the shop. When the need to rip long stock arises, I just lift & turn the table to provide support on the cut off end. Don't skimp on the quality of weight load of the casters -- this table is solid.

I don't think it will hold up as work bench which would undergo pounding or other really harsh use.
    Last edited by Ray Newman; 05-07-2009 at 2:37 PM.

This has 3 ribs under the 3/4" + hard board top. A few more ribs and a sheet under the top would make a nice torsion box. Good for assembly. Its got 4" lag bolts under legs for hieght ajustment. 51" x 75"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kendall Landry; 05-11-2009 at 11:03 PM.

I replaced my kitchen countertops and kept the old ones for my outfeed table. The counters were L shaped with a sink cut out on the long side in which I placed my chop saw. Right now, it all sits on a simple 2x4 frame. Of course, the plan, "one day" is to build cabinets for the base. I have a separate assembly table which works out well. Before I had it, the table saw outfeed collected all kinds of crap which too forever to clear before I could make a cut. The assembly table and table saw are the same height which helps for larger pieces.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the design, and with the fact that it was free. If I were to make any changes it would be to modify it to work as a downdraft table.

The Woodwhisperer has a good idea, I guess based on an old yankee project

Here's the Link

Shaddy

I'll try to find a pic, but I built a basic table using a 2x4 frame, the top is a sheet of plywood with a sheet of 1/8 tile board glued on top. It's the same width of my TS left to right, and 3 ft wide. I also use it as an assembly table, I set my planer on it, I set my downdraft table on it, etc. I also added a shelf below for storage.

If I had to do it again, I would build a torsion box just to keep it flat, it does sag a bit.

I also used some bolts and nuts as feet so I could adjust it level with my uneven basement floor.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Where did I put that?

I used 2 MDF sheets topped with 1 sheet of melamine with 2x4's laminated for the frame. I have a shelf underneath but I would like to make drawers at some point. Used leveling feet so I could bring it up 1/16th short of the TS and make it flat.. Plus I sunk a rockler router table into it which makes it an outfeed/assembly/router table. I need to edge it as the MDF is easily chipped and get some kind of a vice setup......

It's 4'x6' and is the only good work surface in my shop right now...
    Last edited by Blake Barr; 05-30-2009 at 12:50 PM.