Thread: Entertainment Center Doors

Blog Entries

Entertainment Center Doors

I'm in the process of making an entertainment center and have reached a decision point on the interior doors where I would like some other opinions on appearance. There are four doors which will be sliding doors. I have made the carcase and face frame. The face frame has the rails running continuous across the front. My question is should the doors be made with with the stiles extending all the way top to bottom on the doors like the left hand picture below or the rails and stiles to match the face frame or should them be made like the right hand picture below?? Which way will look the best in your opinion and why?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 05-06-2009 at 7:15 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I would make them like standard doors with the rails between the stiles. I thnk with the rails on top and bottom they look odd and a bit squatty.
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

the picture on the left is the way you want it. even if you do doors that open, like raised panel doors, the stiles go top to bottom. same with face frame.