Thread: Triton Powered Respirator replacement visor?

Triton Powered Respirator replacement visor?

I love my Triton Powered Respirator. I wear it everytime I work on the lathe.. no matter if I'm turning, sanding or polishing. It's saved me from several mishaps and I'm sure it's saving my lungs. but it has fallen victim to it's own success... the visor is scratched and has specks of CA glue and finishes on it. It's starting to be noticible while I'm wearnig it. I tried to buy a replacement visor ($15 on the web) and a 10 pack of a film that covers the visor ($20) but no place seems to have the visor in stock. I got this e-mail from Triton Manufacturing:

"This is to advise you that Triton Australia – our supplier for all Triton products including the Powered Respirator has been sold (2008).
    We have the respirator in stock but as you know, none of the filters or visors. Like the rest of our product line, production has been
    interrupted and we will not be receiving any new shipments until June (2009) at the very best case scenario.
    We will keep you updated with regards to production and ETAs in the coming weeks to help you plan.
    Triton Manufacturing"

I have an order on backorder, but does anyone know of a source for the replacement visor that have them in stock?

If I can't get a replacement, has anyone ever buffed our plastic? I was thinking about using 2000 grit wet sanding paper and then plastic polish on a cornor of the visor to see if that works.

Any other Triton Powered Respirator users out there that have found a solution?

Thanks
    Bernie

Not sure it will work on your visor, but micro mesh is what the airlines use on there planes.

A friend scratch the windshield on his homebuilt and the company sent him micro mesh but there was more than just the pads that we get for wood and plastics, he said they sent him a liquid too not sure what it was. If I see him tonight I'll ask him

Bill

Oh my I am in trouble!! I really like my Triton Powered Respirator -- It is not heavy! and fits....... but I now need a new visor due to turning abuse .

And now I find out that it may not happennnnnnnnn!!! !

HELP!!!!!

You can buff them, but the inside is a bit tricky. I buffed the one I owned twice, even though it had super glue on it. You really have to use the elbow grease with the micromesh, but it can be done.

My advice is to find a source of visor covers and use them religiously once you get those scratches out. Moto-cross riders use those tearaway covers, you might check their suppliers.

Some guy who goes by the forum name of Eagle has bought up all the spares from Triton,if you look on the Australian woodwork forums site you can get some info there,he's located in Perth,Westen Australia.