Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canterbury Shaker Table (Maple/Cherry)

JOHN: Thanks again for the suggestion. I have a number of lumber suppliers on file, Irion included. I really appreciate the particular recommendation - nice to know. My next project is a maple version of the "set table" I made recently. It's for my neighbors who are Australians and only here for a year (Royal Air Force). I looked into to getting some of that "spectacular" maple shipped to me, but they passed when they saw what the price would be. Totally jealous of you guys!!! Having said that, I live in California and can't complain about my access to a number of other cools things... not to mention an unlimited supply of vegemite sandwiches for the next year

"not to mention an unlimited supply of vegemite sandwiches for the next year "

Ugh. That's the one thing that you've access too that I'll pass on - I stayed in a ski hostel in Breckinridge CO in the late 80's with a bunch of New Zealanders. Really nice folks (who seemed endlessly entertained with my Southern accent), but the Vegemite they brought with them was not to my taste - particularly when they explained what it was.

The dovetails are gorgeous and the finish looks great, but those gams with their understated doweling are just FANTASTIC!